Subject: [Tools-discuss] Bug in tracker - where to report?

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 13:01:46 +0200

There seems to be a bug here:

https://tools.ietf.org/wg/mediaman/charters

If I click on the "wiki" link, I get a "page not found" error.

That doesn't seem right - it should either lead me to a wiki (empty) or 
to a page saying how I can request the wiki to be created.

This address was the closest I could find to a "report bugs" link by 
reading https://tools.ietf.org/about

Cheers!

Harald

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2021 08:58:02 -0500

HI Harald - there are many things to address here:

> https://tools.ietf.org/wg/mediaman/charters
You should be looking instead at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/mediaman/about, and a redirect for 
that will be in place soon.
> If I click on the "wiki" link, I get a "page not found" error.

We are near completion on replacing the wiki infrastructure. We haven't 
had a request to create a new trac wiki in quite some time, and are 
moving things out of trac.

See the description in the unawarded "Trac wiki migration to Wiki.js" 
RFP at https://www.ietf.org/about/administration/rfps-and-contracts/. 
We're doing the work described there ourselves, with some help from 
Meetecho to make wiki.js aware of datatracker roles and will crowdsource 
most of the content moving when the result is available to the community 
(which should be just a few weeks away).

So - please contact me, or the secretariat, to see what we can provide 
right now to meet the need you're feeling for a mediaman wiki.

>
> That doesn't seem right - it should either lead me to a wiki (empty) 
> or to a page saying how I can request the wiki to be created.

We'll address the dead link by replacing the page (as above).

> reading https://tools.ietf.org/about

The best way to reach the tools team is through the instructions at the 
bottom of (almost) every datatracker page. But when in doubt, 
[email-masked] will get routed to the right place.

Bringing up issues on this list also works - I capture issues from here 
as tickets, but there may be additional lag.

Finally, as noted earlier, Henrik has retired, and we are in the last 
parts of the process of turning tools.ietf.org down. Redirects will 
remain in place to the services that replace what was there. Our goal is 
to finish this transition between IETF 112 and 113.

If you didn't see it when it was first sent, please be aware of 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/0n-6EXEmkTp3Uv_vj-5Vnm3o0bo/

>
> Cheers!
>
> Harald
>
>
>
> ___________________________________________________________
> Tools-discuss mailing list - [email-masked]
> This list is for discussion, not for action requests or bug reports.
> * Report datatracker and mailarchive bugs to: 
> [email-masked]
> * Report tools.ietf.org bugs to: [email-masked]
> * Report all other bugs or issues to: [email-masked]
> List info (including how to Unsubscribe): 
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss