Subject: Re: Normative literal files...

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 98 16:17:52 GMT

> From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
> Possibilities for embedding include MIME or other special formating so that,
> for example, there would be a standard RFC822/MIME prefix you could prepend to
> an RFC text and MIME processing of the result would exhibit the literal files
> or other standardized special processing would extract them.  Or there could be
> permission to include relative URLs pointing to files via the RFC directory,
> presumably with file names constrained to start with RFCnnnn for files
> associated with RFCnnnn or the like.
>
As best as I remember, for ifmib, there is an iftype file referenced at
IANA.  The base is contained in the RFC, but the most current and
complete is accessed from the net.

On the other hand, most of the ifmib is paginated, and you have to
extract it from the rfc by hand, as you previously mentioned.

You could look at the PGP publication technique.  We should make that
(or something like it) an Internet Standard :)

[email-masked]
    Key fingerprint =  17 40 5E 67 15 6F 31 26  DD 0D B9 9B 6A 15 2C 32
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]