Subject: CALL FOR ATTENDANCE: November WG Meeting in Tokyo

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:07:20 -0400

Please respond if you plan to attend:

MEETING

A meeting of the IETF TRADE working group was scheduled for 10-12
November in Tokyo, Japan, hosted by Hitachi.  At the last WG meeting
in Reston, Virginia, it was decided to proceed with the Tokyo meeting
but only if, by October 10th or thereabouts, at least 15 people were
willing to give reasonably firm commitments to attend.  In addition,
the host has asked to move the meeting one day earlier, to 9-11
November, which I hope will not be a problem for anyone.

AGENDA

I anticipate that the V1.0 spec. will be out by then and the biggest
single item on the agenda will be what should be considered for
version 2.0.  You should also expect the first day, the 9th, to be
primarily devoted to subgroup meetings on tunneling specific payment
systems through IOTP. Additional topics will be various supplemental
documents to the IOTP protocol specification and any further
implementation or interoperability experience.

LOGISTICS

The meeting will be at a Hitachi facility.  Air fares obviously depend
on where you are coming from, etc., but a spot check of fares from
Dulles Airport, outside Washington, DC, on one airline indicated that
November is in the low season and that inexpensive round trip
excursion fares could be obtained by reserving a week or more in
advance and staying in Japan a few extra days.

The following may give you an idea of hotel rates (info provided by
Hitachi):

 Suidobashi Grand Hotel

 The Hitachi corporate rate is available here for 7,000yen ($52).  This hotel
 is one station away from where we will be meeting.  I have also been told
 that it is a "business hotel" which basically means it is a cheap hotel
 along the lines of Motel 8 or something.

 Jyuraku Hotel

 This hotel is supposed to be a bit nicer, and is right next to the meeting
 spot.  However, we cannot get a corporate discount here.  The room charge is
 9,000yen ($67).

More Logistics details will be available later.

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE REASONABLY CERTAIN YOU WILL ATTEND.

Thnaks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 978-287-4877    [email-masked]
 318 Acton Street         +1 978-371-7148(fax)       [email-masked]
 Carlisle, MA 01741 USA   +1 914 784 7913
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]