Subject: TRADE WG Minutes from IETF Chicago

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 23:45:29 -0400

The following minutes were taken by Surendra Reddy
<[email-masked]>.  I have made some minor changes and additions
and should be blamed for any errors.

Thanks,
Donald

Minutes of the 1st IETF Trade Working Group Meeting:
Wednesday August 26th, 1998
9 am-11:30 AM

1. Donald Eastlake started the 1st IETF Trade Working Group meeting
with the following agenda:

	0. Agenda Bashing (5 minutes)
	1. Status of Implementation
		a. Royal Bank of Canada (15 minutes)
		b. other(s)?
	2.  v1.0 Status of Documents (15 minutes)
		a. Main 1.0 OTP Draft
		b. OTP Digital Signatures
		c. OTP architecutre
		d. OTP over HTTP
		e. SET over OTP
		f.  Secure Channel Credit/Debit over OTP
		g.  Electronic cash over OTP
	3. v1.0 Technical Issues (40 minutes)
		a. Digital Signatures
		b. other technical issues
	4. v2.0 Planning (30 minutes) Disucssion of how to proceed
		towards a fuller OTP
	5. Future meetings (15 minutes)
		a. September at CyberCash in Virginia
		b. November at Hitachi in Japan
		c. December at IETF

Unfortunately a number of documents were not ready in time and so
could not be substantively discussed.

2.  Group members raised many questions regarding the trade
charter. Donald advised them to discuss that on the list.

3.  IOTP 1.0 will be published as informational RFC.

4.  Group felt that we need to come up with requirements for 2.0 work
which will be carried out under IETF Working Group.  Donald pointed
Business Functional requirements of the IOTP 1.0 spec would be a good
candidates for starting of discussions on IOTP 2.0 requirements.

5.  Donald requested the group members to send their
suggestions/comments on transitioning IOTP specification development
from OTP Consortium to IETF.

6.  Implementation Status of IOTP Spec 0.9: RBC(Royal Bank of Canada)
has implemented OTP product based on otp .9 spec. Waiting for Chris
Smith's report on the completeness of the .9 spec and hence released
99.

7.  Donald explained the difference between OBI (Open Buying on the
Internet) and IOTP as:

IOTP(C2B) -- customer to {merchant, payment handler, deliver,
	customer care, payment customer care}.
OBI(B2B) -- { requistor, approver, payer} to merchant.  Is more matured
	specification but deployment seems to be disappointing

8.  Patrik Faltstrom (Area Director) explained to the group that all
IETF Trade WG intermediate meetings between IETF meetings MUST be
announced on the IETF Announce list and minutes SHOULD be published to
WG mailing list.

9.  On the issue of getting access to the OTP Consortium web site
private area and mailing lists, Donald and Steve Fabes explained that
all mailing lists from OTP can be moved to IETF Trade WG archive and
Steve Fabes also mentioned that all IETF Trade WG members will be
given access to the current OTP private area.  All IETF Trade
discussions are archived at: http://www.elistx/com/archives/ietf-trade

10.  Steve Fabes read out the list of OTP consortium members.

11. Different members expressed the immediate need for strawman
documents on Requirements and current IOTP specification. Donald
assured to the group that these documents would be published at the
earlist as I-Ds.

12.  Next interim IETF Trade WG meeting will be held at Cybercash in
Reston, Virginia, on September 9th through 11th and Donald mentioned
that all the minutes of these meeting would be published Trade
discussion list.

As there is no further issues to be discussed, meeting adjourned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]