Subject: RE: PackagedContent of Brand,PayProtocol,ProtocolAmount

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 02:09:44 +0100

Yoshiaki

You are correct in what you say about Packaged Content. However this
change has already been made to the version 0.99 which is on the otp web
site.

I apologise for this inconsistency.

Let me explain ...

I *think* the version of the OTP specs you're looking at has a "print
date" (see bottom right of first page) of "18/08/98 23:39" (lets call
this version A). The current version on the web site has a print date of
"17/08/98 19:18" (lets call this version B). There are *very* few
differences between them but one of them is the one you identify.

I tried to post version A to the web site but it failed. However I also
sent version A to OTP-dev which is how you have a copy (I think).

However before I could repost version A to the Web Site, I received
comments on an earlier version (version 0.9.8) of the spec from Werner
Hans which were *very* sensible and corrected a number of silly errors.
I therefore made the changes to version A to create version B which was
then, successfully, posted to the Web site.

However I forgot that I'd sent version A to otp-dev, and hence the
inconsistency ... :-( 

If you want to understand the changes between version A and version B,
please read the attached copy of Werner's e-mail and my response which I
sent to otp-dev.

Question 12 caused the inconsistency you identify. Also note that the
section numbers in the e-mail refer to version 0.98 which are all one
higher than in version 0.99.

If you have any more questions please get in touch.

David

>----------
>From: 	Yoshiaki KAWATSURA[SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 	04 September 1998 11:46
>To: 	[email-masked]
>Cc: 	[email-masked]
>Subject: 	PackagedContent of Brand,PayProtocol,ProtocolAmount
>
>PackagedContent of Brand,PayProtocol,ProtocolAmount are specified as
>#REQUIRED in OTP Specification document ver0.99, such that,
> <!ELEMENT Brand (PackagedContent)> // See 5.6.1 
> <!ELEMENT ProtocolAmount (PackagedContent)> // See 5.6.2 
> <!ELEMENT PayProtocol (PackagedContent)> // See 5.6.4
>
>I think this mistakes. 
>
>I think the correct are as followings,
> <!ELEMENT ProtocolAmount (PackagedContent?)>
> <!ELEMENT Brand (PackagedContent?)>
> <!ELEMENT PayProtocol (PackagedContent?)>
>
>OTP Data Type Difinition document Ver0.99 is also described them above,
>such that "PackagedContent?".
>                          ^
>
>----
>Yoshiaki Kawatsura : E-mail [email-masked]
> Business & Information Systems Development Devision, Hitachi,Ltd.
> Voice: +81-45-948-1418(direct) Fax: +81-45-948-1421
>
>
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Message addressed to: [email-masked]
>Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
>To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
>body to: [email-masked]
>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mondex International Limited
47-53 Cannon Street, London  EC4M 5SQ
England
Registered No: 3122085, England

Telephone No: +44 (0)171 557 5000
Web Site: http://www.mondex.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]