Subject: RE: IOTP V1.0 and Signature docs

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 09:43:12 -0000

You make a good point. The defintion of the Packaged Content in the
Payment Component suggests that its use is the same as for the Packaged
Content in the Trading Role Data Component.

I think that the Trading Role Data component should be used instead of
the Packaged Content in the Payment Component since it is more general
approach to the problem which allows any two parties to exchange
information. This also means that the Packaged Content element within
the Payment Component should be removed.

I also agree that CancelNetLocn attribute definition needs to added to
the XML defintion given in section 6.5.2.

David
PS Apologies for delay in my response, it was an oversight.

>----------
>From: 	Yoshiaki KAWATSURA[SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 	28 October 1998 00:21
>To: 	[email-masked]
>Cc: 	[email-masked]
>Subject: 	Re: IOTP V1.0 and Signature docs
>
>  I have a question on IOTP Version 1.0.
>
>  Q:What's differences between the Packaged Content in Payment Component
>  and the TradingRoleData Component when they are used to pass the data
>  , which are required by the Payment Handler from the Merchant to the
>  Payment Handler via the Consumer?
>
>  In IOTP Version 0.99, the Packaged Content in Payment Component is used to
>  pass the data from the Merchant to the Payment Handler via the Consumer.
>  In IOTP Version 1.0, the above behavior can be implemented by 
>  TradingRoleData as well.
>  What should we explain the difference between the two components?
> 
>  The description of PackagedContent in Payment Component(6.8 in IOTP 1.0):
>  "The optional element contains "user" data defined by the Merchant
>  which is required by the Payment Handler."
>   
>  The description of TradingRoleData(See 7.9 Payment Response Block in 
>  IOTP 1.0 ):
>  "The Trading Roke Data Component Contains opaque data which is 
>  need to be communicated between the Trading Roles involved in an OTP 
>  Transaction."
>
> --
>  Additionally,that might be the detail point, there is no description 
>  on the xml data of ErrorNetLocn in the Trading Role Element(see 
>  6.5.2 in IOTP 1.0).
>  
>----
>Yoshiaki Kawatsura : E-mail [email-masked]
> Business & Information Systems Development Devision, Hitachi,Ltd.
>Voice: +81-44-549-1713(direct) Fax: +81-44-549-1721
>  
> 
>
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Message addressed to: [email-masked]
>Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
>To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
>body to: [email-masked]
>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]