Subject: RE: IOTP in general

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:58:51 -0000

Kaye

>You asked if "IOTP has provisions for delivery of additional documents to the
consumer, such as warranties, licenses, or privacy agreements?"

IOTP has an XML element called an "Order" which can contain a
description of, for example, the goods being purchased. IOTP does not
impose a rigid structure on what it the description should contain and
allows merchants to define the content in whatever way they want, for
example HTML, plain text, XML, or some proprietary format which that
merchant has agreed with its customers. This means that, in this text
the Merchant can easily place things like warranties, licenses or
privacy agreements or whatever else he either wants to do or is required
to do by law or convention.

David

>----------
>From: 	Kaye Caldwell[SMTP:[email-masked]]
>Sent: 	09 December 1998 20:22
>To: 	[email-masked]
>Subject: 	IOTP in general
>
>Pardon what is probably very basic question - but can someone tell me if IOTP
>has provisions for delivery of additional documents to the consumer, such as
>warranties, licenses, or privacy agreements?
>- Kaye
>
>===================================
>Kaye Caldwell,  Policy Director
>CommerceNet 
>
>http://www.Commerce.net
>E-mail: [email-masked]
>Phone: (831) 479-8743    Fax: (408) 273-6345
>===================================
>-----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Message addressed to: [email-masked]
>Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
>To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
>body to: [email-masked]
>
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]