Subject: Trade Questions

From: IETFMAIL <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 09:27:28 +0200

Hello.

My name is Elad Sion, and I am pretty new to the trade list and protocols.
I find this protocol and its implications very interesting.

I do have a few questions, however about v1 and possibly about the
requirements of v2:

1. Is there a way to do bargaining? In many cases, especially when selling
over the internet
  with very little production costs, I would rather sell for less than not
at all. Is there a way to
  'renegotiate' the price?

2. What is the minimum number of round trips it takes to make a purchase?
Can this protocol
  be used with UDP? Is it possible to create a single offer (with an
expiration date) and make
  multiple purchases based on that offer? Is there an expiration date for
offers?

3. Is there a free protocol stack that I can get? Or some implementation
that I can test
  interoperability with?

Thanx a lot,

-- Elad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]