Subject: Minutes of SET payment protocol within IOTP discussion, Tokyo

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 12:11:43 -0500

The following minutes were taken by Andrew Drapp of Hitachi.

---
SET/IOTP Supplement

Andrew Drapp gave a presentation on SET/IOTP.  For more details on
SET/IOTP refer to the presentation files.  Key issues that were
decided that is not present in the presentation documentation by
Yoshiaki Kawatsura and Andrew Drapp are the following:

1.  Any place that packaged content appears in the IOTP speck can now
be replaced with multiple instances of packaged content.

2.  All packaged content elements will have an optional Name
attribute.  This will allow software to differentiate between multiple
packaged content elements.

3.  Packaged content intended for another trading role, and passed
through the consumer should be included in the TradingRoles packaged
content, not the Payment packaged content.

4.  The SET BrandID specification will be adopted and used within
SET/IOTP.  SET BrandIDs will use the SET Namespace.  Examples of
BrandIDs are: "iotp:Mondex", "set:MasterCard::", and
"set:Visa:Gold:AmericanAirlines".  The first BrandID is an example of
an IOTP BrandID, and the following two are SET BrandIDs.
 
The various suggestions made be Yoshiaki Kawatsura for modifying the
SET/IOTP specification were all approved.  Again, for more details on
the specifics of those recommendations, see the presentation notes by
Yoshiaki Kawatsura and Andrew Drapp.
---
Regards, 
Andrew Drapp
--
Andrew Drapp
[email-masked]
Systems Development Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd.
Ozenji 1099, Asao, Kawasaki, 215-0013 JAPAN
TEL:+81-44-966-9111   FAX:+81-44-966-1796
PGP Fingerprint: 84D8 3D19 018E 9385 6581  0081 C89C D2AD F06A 565F
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]