Subject: Authentication

From: Andrew Drapp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:22:11 +0900

I've been going over chapter 8 in the 1.0.1 version of the
spec and I have a couple of comments.

From reading the document, it appears that Authentication can
only be performed by the Merchant, authenticating the consumer.
Each of the examples seems to support that conclusion.

From discussions in Tokyo and Ft. Lauderdale, it was generally
decided that Authentication could be done at any time, and by
any party.  Can we add something to the spec to make that a 
little bit more clear? 

Also, it would be nice if we added the following examples:

1.  Consumer authenticates payment handler before starting the
payment exchange.

2.  Payment handler authenticates the consumer during the 
payment exchange.

Regards,

Andrew Drapp

--
Andrew Drapp
[email-masked]
Systems Development Laboratory, Hitachi Ltd.
Ozenji 1099, Asao, Kawasaki, 215-0013 JAPAN
TEL:+81-44-966-9111   FAX:+81-44-966-1796
PGP Fingerprint: 84D8 3D19 018E 9385 6581  0081 C89C D2AD F06A 565F

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]