Subject: Support for HTML in packaged content.

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:57:52 -0000

One of the suggestions which came out of the meeting in Florida, was the
support for HTML for use with Order Descriptions, Payment Notes and
Delivery Notes, particularly since the both Hitachi and RBC had used
HTML rather than Plain Text. It this therefore proposed that the
following is included in the spec.

Comments?

David
Support for HTML in Packaged Content
============================
The packaged content may contain HTML. In this case the following
conventions are followed:
*	there should be only one top level Packaged Content element containing
with its Name attribute set to Main. This document should contain either
text, or references to images.
*	images are incorporated in a document using links using relative
references of the form "img source=xxxx.gif" where "xxxx.gif" matches
the Name attribute of another Packaged Content element at the same level
and within the same parent element, e.g. an Order Description
*	no text should be included as images for any information which is
important to the user's understanding of the document, e.g. text in
logos would be allowable 
If the above conventions are not followed by, for example, including
external references, then the recipient of the HTML should be informed.

>Mondex International Limited
mailto:<[email-masked]>
>US Advanced Technology Office: 111 Pine St, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA
>94111
Tel/Voicemail: +1 415 645 6973	Fax: +1 415 956 9370

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:32:34 -0500

I think something like this is a good idea.  Sorry I forgot to mention it in
my note about Florida.  See comments below.

From:  David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:  <c=GB%a=_%p=Mondex_Internati%l=[email-masked]
ndex.com>
To:  "'Ietf Trade WG'" <[email-masked]>
Date:  Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:57:52 -0000

>Support for HTML in Packaged Content
 HTML
>text, or references to images.

While it is best for the main packaged content to have the name Main, if
there is only one packaged content, the recevier should interpret that
as the main one.

The document should contain HTML and may have external references to
images or other things (sounds, web pages).  But if those things
effect what the user is agreeing to, then they must be in other
packaged contents in the same component and referenced with relative
URLs or the like.

>and within the same parent element, e.g. an Order Description

Well, .jpg should be acceptable also.  In fact, I'm not sure why we
would want to police the suffixes.  The point is that it should be a 
workable implementation to write the other packaged contents out as
temporary files and then run the HTML, with some safety checks, in
the context of that directory.

>important to the user's understanding of the document, e.g. text in

If the images are included locally in other packaged contents than the
HTML, I don't see a need for this restrction.  And, in any case, there
is no way to automatically enfore it making it impossible to warn the user
if it has been violated.

>Tel/Voicemail: +1 415 645 6973	Fax: +1 415 956 9370

Thanks,
Donald