Subject: IOTP Digital Signatures - more changes

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:13:44 -0000

Further to my last e-mail a couple of additional problems have been
identified which I think need to be fixed:
*	including a separate IOTP Signature Type element doesn't seem to make
sens it is really just a particular mandatory attribute with a required
value, so suggest removing IOTPSignatureType element and replacing by a
normal "Attribute" element with a type attribute set to "IOTP
SignatureType" and the content set to OfferResponse, PaymentResponse, or
DeliveryResponse, Ping or AuthenticationResponse
*	there is no explicit way of identifying which certificate should be
used with a particular signature value. I therefore propose that we add
to the RecipientInfo element another attribute called SignatureCertRef
that identifies the Certificate Element that applies.

David
>Mondex International Limited
mailto:<[email-masked]>
>US Advanced Technology Office: 111 Pine St, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA
>94111
Tel/Voicemail: +1 415 645 6973	Fax: +1 415 956 9370

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:04:18 -0500

These seem like reasonable changes although the SignatureCertRef must be
optional since certificates are not relevant to all signatures.

Thanks,
Donald

From:  David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Message-ID:  <c=GB%a=_%p=Mondex_Internati%l=[email-masked]
ndex.com>
To:  "'Ietf Trade WG'" <[email-masked]>
Date:  Wed, 24 Feb 1999 20:13:44 -0000