Subject: HTML Names and Links

From: "Smith, Chris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 15:41:00 -0400

Regarding included "HTML mini-sites":

Comments:

1) You can't prevent the inclusion of out-bound links in the HTML. It 
should be discouraged (if only for offline viewing reasons and for using 
e-mail OTP reasons). Local software COULD prevent it, but I would still 
want it to be a locally selectable (On/Off/Warn) selectable function.

2) The order of an included list of PackagedContent is important, if 
only because signed items can't be rearranged.

Applying a rule such as "The first PackagedContent item is the first 
item to be displayed to a user" is a definitive rule. It always behaves 
the same way. Also, any reasonable DOM will let you place items exactly 
where the document builder wants them. This is not an undue constraint 
on the Order builder, because order of items is already important.

This would also allow using the PackagedContent:names exclusively for 
inclusions and links.

In this manner, even preexisting mini-sites could be included very 
easily, likely without having to rename items as they are stored in the 
Order Description.

===================================================================
Chris Smith, Royal Bank, 416.348.6090, [email-masked]

---

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:10:57 +0100

See comments below.

David

> ----------
> From: 	Smith, Chris[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 	21 May 1999 12:41
> To: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	HTML Names and Links
> 
> 
## Currently the spec states on "Packaging HTML" ...

"The packaged content may contain HTML. In this case the following
conventions are followed:
		*	references to any documents, images or other things,
such as sounds or web pages, which can affect the recipient's understanding
of the data which is being packaged must refer to other Packaged Elements
contained within the same parent element, e.g. an Order Description
		*	if more than one Packaged Content element is
included within a parent element in order to meet the previous requirement,
then the Name attribute of the top level Packaged Content from which
references to all other Packaged Elements can be determined, should have a
value of Main
		*	relative references to other documents, images, etc.
from one Packaged Content element to another are realised by setting the
value of the relative reference to the Name attribute of another Packaged
Content element at the same level and within the same parent element
		*	no external references that require the reference to
be resolved immediately should be used. As this could make the HTML
difficult or impossible to display completely
		*	[MIME] is used to encapsulate the data inside each
Packaged Element. This means that the information in the MIME header used to
identify the type of data which has been encapsulated and therefore how it
should be displayed.
If the above conventions are not followed by, for example, including
external references which must be resolved, then the recipient of the HTML
should be informed."

I think this meets the need. ##

> easily, likely without having to rename items as they are stored in the 
## I'm inclined to agree with Chris. Does anyone disagree? ##

**********************************************************************************************

This Email and any attached files are confidential and may also be privileged. 
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the postmaster using email 
address [email-masked] or call +44 171 557 5000 and ask for the 
IT Helpdesk.  You should not copy this email and any attached files, use them 
for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person; all copies of the 
Email and associated files in your possession should be destroyed.

Mondex International Limited
47-53 Cannon Street
London EC4M 5SQ
United Kingdom
Registered No: 3122085, England

Phone:          +44 171 557 5000
Fax:            +44 171 557 5200
Email:          [email-masked]
WebSite:        http://www.mondexinternational.com

*********************************************************************************************
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]