Subject: IOTP specification changes 03-> 04

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 17:40:44 +0100

The following is a list of the major changes to the latest version of the
IOTP specification in approximately the order they were raised and applied:
1) Added Merchant authentication by a Consumer as part of the early stages
of an IOTP Purchase Transaction 
2) Allow any party to use an Authentication Transaction with any other party
at any point in time.
3) Created a new section on IANA Considerations
4) Used a better approach to describing message flows which makes diagrams
easier to understand especially over page boundaries 
5) Moved information about Brands and Brand Selection into its own Section
and combined with examples of Brand selection 
6) Introduced the ProtocolBrandId attribute to contain protocol specific
brand names
7) Amended Packaged Content to:
   a) allow one HTML document to refer to another HTML document 
   b) define how XML is encapsulated within Packaged Content
8) Split the section on Security Considerations into two parts covering:
   a) a section discussing how IOTP uses security, and
   b) a section on how IOTP uses Digital Signatures
9) Provided more detail on how IOTP can use Symmetric Key Cryptography 
10) Agreed that Currency Codes should always be alphabetic
11) Clarified the definition of BrandId to support cobrands and promotional
brands. This involved breaking the link between IOTP brand ids and SET brand
Ids and using IANA to register new brands.
12)  Used the Name rather than the ID Attribute to identify the Packaged
Contents that form a Payment Receipt
13) Allowed any party to inquire of any other party to a trade about the
current status of a transaction
14) Changed all usage of OTP to IOTP
15) Added the Authentication ID attribute to the Authentication Response
component
16) Reworked the Auth Data component so that it is now split into two parts:
   a) an Authentication Request component that just requests an
authentication, and
   b) Trading Role Information request component that requests the return of
Organisation information about one more Trading Roles
17) Reworked the IOTP Error Handling section to be more explicit on handling
errors. Also included the creation of two sets of "logic" that describe the
processing required by the Consumer and the Server Trading Roles. This
included allowing re-submission of messages after failure depending on the
Completion Code.

David

**********************************************************************************************

This Email and any attached files are confidential and may also be privileged. 
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the postmaster using email 
address [email-masked] or call +44 171 557 5000 and ask for the 
IT Helpdesk.  You should not copy this email and any attached files, use them 
for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person; all copies of the 
Email and associated files in your possession should be destroyed.

Mondex International Limited
47-53 Cannon Street
London EC4M 5SQ
United Kingdom
Registered No: 3122085, England

Phone:          +44 171 557 5000
Fax:            +44 171 557 5200
Email:          [email-masked]
WebSite:        http://www.mondexinternational.com

*********************************************************************************************
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]