Subject: Advancing IOTP-protocol, DSIG, and DOMHASH to Informational

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 00:45:52 -0400

Although there is still some discussion of minor details in the
iotp-v1.0-protocol-05 draft, there is a consensus to submit the IOTP
v1 protocol to the IESG for Informational along with the companion
IOTP DSIG draft.  Since DSIG uses DOM HASH, that will need to be
advanced as well.  There have been no recent comments on the DOM HASH
draft.  I think that the level of changes being suggested for the
protocol draft can be handled in parallel with IESG consideration
(including IETF last call if the IESG thinks that is called for)
although, of course, the our AD might have a different .  So, I have
requested their advancement.

The exact drafts in question are

draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-protocol-05.txt
draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-dsig-02.txt
draft-ietf-trade-hiroshi-dom-hash-02.txt

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 914-276-2668     [email-masked]
 65 Shindegan Hill Road, RR#1  +1 914-784-7913(work)  [email-masked]
 Carmel, NY 10512 USA
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

---

From: Yoshiaki KAWATSURA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 14:38:58 +0900 (JST)

> draft-ietf-trade-hiroshi-dom-hash-02.txt

Sounds good.

I have some comment for DOMHASH to Kent Tamura-san, one of the author
of DOMHASH. All of my comment is requests for clarification of the
draft, there is no technical change request and he mentioned some
points will be clarified sooner.

----
Yoshiaki Kawatsura : E-mail [email-masked]
 Business & Information Systems Development Division, Hitachi,Ltd.
Voice: +81-44-549-1713(direct) Fax: +81-44-549-1721

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 10:05:05 +0200

--On tor 9 sep 1999 14.38 +0900 Yoshiaki KAWATSURA
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> All of my comment is requests for clarification of the

If _any_ character in the draft is to be changed, I urge you to do so now,
before the last call.

Donald, this is your call. Do you still want a last call?

   Patrik Faltstrom
   Area Director, Application Area