Subject: question about iotp-v1.0-DTD

From: Wong Ka Cheong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:00:06 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,
I have a question about DTD. In the internet-draft u say BrandList is
zero or more:
<!-- TRADING PROTOCOL OPTIONS BLOCK -->
<!ELEMENT TpoBlk ( ProtocolOptions, BrandList*, Org* ) >
<!ATTLIST TpoBlk
 ID                 ID      #REQUIRED >

However, in the "Payment" u say "BrandListRef" is required. If there is
no BrandList component, then how can we refer it?

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

---

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:57:01 -0700

You ask ...

"In the "Payment" u say "BrandListRef" is required. If there is
no BrandList component, then how can we refer it?"

The TPO Block can occur in the first message of several transactions, for
example the Authentication Transaction. In this case the Brandlist is not
required.

However the BrandList is *always* required if the transaction involves a
payment as if there is no Brand List you can't decide which brand to use.

If a payment is involved and there is no BrandList, then there is an error
which should be reported. This is why it says that BrandListRef is
"required" in a payment.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Wong Ka Cheong [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 5:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: question about iotp-v1.0-DTD

Hi,

Thanks