Subject: Server role processing sequence

From: Jordán László <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:43:40 +0200

Here are some lines from the latest IETF draft:

4.5.2.4 Check for Errors in Block Sequence

 Errors in the sequence that blocks arrive depends on the block. Blocks
 where checking for sequence is required are:
...
 o Payment Request Block (Payment Handler only). Check as follows:
   - if the Payment Request Block refers to an IOTP Transaction that is
     not recognised then its OK, otherwise
   - if the Payment Request Block refers to IOTP Transaction that was not
     for a Payment then it is a Hard Error, otherwise
   - [*]if the previous payment CompletedOk OR failed with a non-recoverable
     Completion Code then it is a Hard Error, otherwise
   - if the previous payment is still in progress then it is a Hard Error
...

JL> I cannot understand, how can refer a Payment Request Block to an IOTP
Transaction. If this means that a Payment Request IOTP message has the same
IotpTransId as a previous message, then I have the following problem with
the third paragraph[*]: If an IOTP Transaction involves more than one
payments the second payment never will be processed at the Payment Handler.

Regards: Laszlo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]