Subject: RE: Server role processing sequence

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:51:01 -0700

Jordan

Apologies for the delay in responding but I have been very busy recently.
Anyway here goes ...

In the specification where it says, for example, "the Payment Request Block
refers to an IOTP Transaction", the phrase "refers to" is a bit too simple
what "refers to" should actually say "is contained in an IOTP Message where
the Trans Ref Block contains an IotpTransId that refers to". So that we get
...

"the Payment Request Block is contained in an IOTP Message where the Trans
Ref Block contains an IotpTransId that refers to an IOTP Transaction". 

On your second point ...
	If an IOTP Transaction involves more than one payments the second
payment never will be processed at the Payment Handler ...

... you are correct. That bullet point should read ...

   - [*]if there was a previous payment that failed with a non-recoverable
     Completion Code then it is a Hard Error, otherwise

I'll update the specification on both these points.

David
-----Original Message-----
From: Jordán László [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, September 30, 1999 2:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Server role processing sequence

Here are some lines from the latest IETF draft:

4.5.2.4 Check for Errors in Block Sequence

 Errors in the sequence that blocks arrive depends on the block. Blocks
 where checking for sequence is required are:
...
 o Payment Request Block (Payment Handler only). Check as follows:
   - if the Payment Request Block refers to an IOTP Transaction that is
     not recognised then its OK, otherwise
   - if the Payment Request Block refers to IOTP Transaction that was not
     for a Payment then it is a Hard Error, otherwise
   - [*]if the previous payment CompletedOk OR failed with a non-recoverable
     Completion Code then it is a Hard Error, otherwise
   - if the previous payment is still in progress then it is a Hard Error
...

JL> I cannot understand, how can refer a Payment Request Block to an IOTP
Transaction. If this means that a Payment Request IOTP message has the same
IotpTransId as a previous message, then I have the following problem with
the third paragraph[*]: If an IOTP Transaction involves more than one
payments the second payment never will be processed at the Payment Handler.

Regards: Laszlo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]