Subject: NACHA AADS ATM debit ... from tomorrow's american banker

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:22:09 -0800

>a private key to use in generating digital signatures with participating
>nternet merchants. The bank would attach a corresponding public key to the
>person's checking account and store it in a data base. When buying from an
>Internet site, the cardholder would use his ATM card number. Instead of
>entering a PIN, he would use the encryption key to digitally sign an
>electronic authorization form. The form, in turn, would be sent to the

misc. related AADS information at:

http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:22:24 -0500

I'm not sure how this is applicable to any work item of the TRADE
working group.  IOTP is payment independent.  Specific open payment
system supplements to IOTP may be useful, such as the SET and SCCD
supplements which are in progress.  Unless you are volunteering to
write or find someone to write a payment systems supplement to IOTP
using the scheme described, it seems out of scope.

Donald

From:  [email-masked]
X-Lotus-FromDomain:  FDC
To:  [email-masked]
Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>
Date:  Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:22:09 -0800