Subject: question about IotpSignature..!

From: Andre Chan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 14:44:17 +0800

I would like to ask what is the meaning of the Element "Parameter". From
the example below (which I copy for the doc
"draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-dsig-05.txt" page 15), I will guess the
signature are generated by the following sequence A2, A1, A3. That means I
will use sha1 first, then dom-hash and finally use the rsa to sign it. But,
the right sequence should be A1, A2, A3. How do I interpret the meaning of
the below example?

   <Algorithm ID='A1' type='digest' name='urn:ibm-com:dom-hash'>
           <Parameter type='AlgorithmRef'>A2</Parameter>
   </Algorithm>
   <Algorithm ID='A2' type='digest' name='urn:nist-gov:sha1'>
   </Algorithm>
   <Algorithm ID='A3' type='signature' name='urn:rsasdi-com:rsa-encryption'>
           <Parameter type='AlgorithmRef'>A1</Parameter>
   </Algorithm>

Thanks

Andre

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 23:13:33 -0500

It's just the declaration of three algorithms.  Each is identified by
an ID.  All of them but algorithm A2 take as an explicit parameter or
argument another algorithm identified by an ID.

I don't know what you mean by "using sha1 first".  It is dom-hash
which produces a serialization of the DOM which is fed to sha1.

Donald

From:  Andre Chan <[email-masked]>
Date:  Thu, 09 Mar 2000 14:44:17 +0800
To:  IOTP Group <[email-masked]>
Resent-message-id:  <[email-masked]>
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>