Subject: APPLICATION/IOTP

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 15:21:45 -0500

I went ahead and sent APPLICATION/IOTP to the IETF-Types list, like
you are supposed to for new MIME types, and Ned Freed, who is the type
czar, thinks its OK.  draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-04.txt still needs to
be approved by the IESG.

Donald

------- Forwarded Message

From:  [email-masked]
Date:  Wed, 08 Mar 2000 12:09:27 -0800 (PST)
Subject:  Re: Registration of MIME media type APPLICATION/IOTP
In-reply-to:  "Your message dated Wed, 08 Mar 2000 14:59:59 -0500"
	      <[email-masked]>
To:  "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Cc:  [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>

This registration looks fine to me.

				Ned

> [See also draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-04.txt]

>       MIME media type name: APPLICATION

>       MIME subtype name: IOTP

>       Required parameters: (none)

>       Optional parameters: (none)

>       Encoding considerations: Content is XML and may in some cases
>       require quoted printable or base64 encoding.  However, no encoding
>       is required for HTTP transport which is expected to be common.

>       Security considerations: IOTP includes provisions for digital
>       authentication but for confidentiality, other mechanisms such as
>       TLS should be used.  See Security Consideration section of
>       draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-protocol-07.txt in RFC Editor's queue.

>       Interoperability considerations:  See draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-
>       protocol-07.txt in RFC Editor's queue.

>       Published specification: See draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-protocol-
>       07.txt in RFC Editor's queue.

>       Applications which use this media type:  Internet Open Trading
>       Protocol applications.

>       Additional information: (none)

>       Person & email address to contact for further information:
>          Name: Donald E. Eastlake 3rd
>          Email: [email-masked]

>       Intended usage: COMMON

>       Author/Change controller: IETF

> =====================================================================
>  Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
>  65 Shindegan Hill Road, RR#1                     +1 914-276-2668(h)
>  Carmel, NY 10512 USA                             +1 508-261-5434(w)

------- End of Forwarded Message