Subject: IOTP meeting in 47th IETF

From: Chun OUYANG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:00:24 +0930

FYI,

Trade WG held its meeting in 47th IETF
(http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-47.html) yesterday afternoon. IOTP
and its related protocols have been discussed.  The Chair, Sir Donald
Eastlake, organized the meeting and gave an overview of IOTPs, the
history and future. An presentation on DRT was given by Mr. Ko Fujimura
from NTT.

Here is both the good news and bad news for IOTP. The good news is it
will soon become an informational RFC; the bad news is, then it will be
the longest RFC document in IETF, according to Patrik, one of the ADs in
Applications Area.

Could I said boldly that as there isnt any standardized interoperable
framework for EC on Internet except IOTP, I do hope that it can be a
robust architecure for EC with world-wide popularity in the future.

Thanks a lot to Yoshiaki and Andrew from Hitachi for the very nice talk
with them on IOTP. Hopefully to have more discussion with the people
interested in IOTP, EC or related issues in the future. Furthermore, it
couldnt be better if some gurus can give their advice to me, in my
future work on IOTP.

PS: 1. IOTP transport and IOTP v2.0 will be submit to IESG soon.
       2. xml dsig and b2b xml were also discussed in this IETF meeting.

Thanks,

Chun

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:22:37 -0500

Thanks for your note.  The draft of the official minutes will be
posted shortly.

Actually, it's the IOTP HTTP Supplement and the MIME Handler Detector
drafts that I plan to working group Last Call soon, after one more
revision.  It the working group is satisfied, they would then be
forwarded to the IESG.  It will be a while before IOTP v2.0.

B2BXML was a BoF also held at this IETF meeting.

Donald

From:  Chun OUYANG <[email-masked]>
Date:  Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:00:24 +0930
Sender:  [email-masked]
To:  [email-masked]
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>
Organization:  ITR

>...