Subject: RE: document readability

From: David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 15:50:19 -0700

Don

I'm afraid you're out of luck.

You correctly guess that the original is in MS Word, but everything
(headers, tables, etc) is in courier font with a non-standard paper size -
it's the only way I know of creating a document that can then be used to
generate output that can be formatted to meet the IETF requirement for plain
text.

If you (or anyone else) would like a copy of the MS Word version please send
me an email and I'll send you a copy.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Isenor [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 4:19 PM
To: iotp
Subject: document readability

Hello, I'm new here, just starting work on an IOTP implementation, and
having some difficulty plowing through the specs. Plain ASCII text may
guarantee maximum portability, but it makes the documents difficult to
read. I suspect these documents are written and maintained in MS Word
(or something similar), with bolded section headings, clickable tables
of contents, etc.,  and are converted to ASCII text for publication.
Could the MS Word versions of these documents be made available?

Don Isenor
Ambercon Inc.
[email-masked]

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 22:15:50 -0400

Actually, as soon as the .txt RFC comes out, the ideal thing within
the constraints of the RFC serious would then be to prepare a fancier
.ps RFC version with variable width font, nicer figures, etc.,
although this would obviously be a lot of work.

Donald

From:  David Burdett <[email-masked]>
Date:  Fri, 07 Apr 2000 15:50:19 -0700
To:  "'Don Isenor'" <[email-masked]>, iotp <[email-masked]>
Message-id:  <[email-masked]>