Subject: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:31:53 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2801

        Title:	    Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP Version 1.0
        Author(s):  D. Burdett
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       April 2000
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      290
        Characters: 598794
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None

        URL:        ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2801.txt

The Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) provides an interoperable
framework for Internet commerce. It is payment system independent and
encapsulates payment systems such as SET, Secure Channel Credit/Debit,
Mondex, CyberCoin, GeldKarte, etc. IOTP is able to handle cases where
such merchant roles as the shopping site, the Payment Handler, the
Delivery Handler of goods or services, and the provider of customer
support are performed by different parties or by one party.

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.

---

From: "Smith, Chris " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 18:20:18 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: RFC Editor [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: May 16, 2000 01:32 PM
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RFC 2801 on IOTP/1.0
> 

Congratulations to ALL - the uncountable all, for getting this far.

Now comes the hard part - making RFC2801 as recognizable as, say 822.

>         Characters: 598794

I've confirmed it against the official list, by sorting
all of the RFCs in order of size. RFC 2801 is the 
largest text RFC in existence.

------------------------------------------------------------ 
 Chris Smith                                +1.416.348.6090 
 Royal Bank                       [email-masked]