Subject: Re: Unique identifier of the Voucher Component

From: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 19:34:31 +0900

Donald,

I'm sorry for not proposing the resolution for the issue on 
ID attribute of XML Voucher for a long time:

http://lists.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/200206/msg00021.html

After rethinking this issue, I can't see the requirements on 
having the ID attribute WITHIN a Voucher Component although the 
ID generation rule itself might be useful.

So, I would like propose not to introduce the ID attribute, i.e.,
keep the current spec as it is.

Alternately, it may be a good idea to add some description on 
how to generate the identifier of Voucher Component in the VTS-API 
specification (5.8.1 getIdentifier). How do you think?

Thank you

Ko

---

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:07:31 -0400

Ko,

Yes, since there have been no comments opposing your view and some support
for it, we won't add an ID attribute in the Voucher Component.

I agree that adding some text on how to generate a unique identifier is a
good idea.

Thanks,
Donald

-----Original Message-----
From: Ko Fujimura [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002 6:35 AM
To: Donald Eastlake 3rd
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Masayuki TERADA; Ko
Fujimura
Subject: Re: Unique identifier of the Voucher Component

Donald,

Thank you

Ko