Subject: Updated Draft Charter
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 15:36:38 -0400 (EDT)

Here is an updated draft charter for the proposed working group.  The Open
Trading Protocol Consortium will be meeting in Toronto Wed-Fri this week
and it is likely that shortly thereafter a very similar final draft will
be sent to the IETF with a request for its approval.

(Draft) Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) Charter

Chair:
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>

Document Editor:
Surendra K Reddy <[email-masked]>

Area Director(s):
Keith Moore <[email-masked]>, Patrik Faltstrom <[email-masked]>

Area Advisor:
(TDB)

Mailing List:

General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe:  [email-masked]
In Body: subscribe
Archive: available on <http://www.eListX.com/archives/ietf-iotp> web page and
        via majordomo commands to [email-masked]

Description of Working Group:

The Internet Open Trading Protocol provides an interoperable
framework for Internet commerce.  It is payment system independent
and will be able to encapsulate payment systems such as SET, Mondex,
CyberCash, DigiCash, GeldKarte, etc.  IOTP is able to handle cases
where such merchant roles as the shopping site, the payment handler,
the deliverer of goods or services, and the provider of customer
support are performed by different parties or by one party.

The Internet Open Trading Protocol working group will (1) determine
requirements for IOTP transport and for IOTP 2.0, (2) document
interoperability experience with IOTP v1.0 (which will have been
published as Informational), and (3) develop the specification for IOTP
transport and IOTP version 2.0.

Selection of items for inclusion in v2.0 is expected to be from the
following and others suggested by the Working Group:

- Dynamic Definition of Trading Sequences
- Multiple Protocol Options
- Offer Request Block
- Public Key Signatures (v1.0 uses secret key signatures)
- Signatures on the Delivery Response
- Improved Problem Resolution (extend to cover presentation of
	signed receipt to customer support party, etc.)
- Selection of Additional Options
- Transaction Status Inquiry (if not included in v1.0)
- OTP Architecture (informational development of standard interfaces
	to software components).

The following are out of scope for v2.0:

- server to server messages (except as messages needed for client to
	server communications may also be useful for server to server
	communications)
- legal or regulatory issues surrounding the implementation of the
	protocol or information systems using it.

Goals and Milestones: (assumes WG formation in June 1998)

(0.	Submission of IOTP v1.0 by its authors for publication as
	Informational, June 1998.)

-(August 24-28, IETF meeting Chicago)

1.  Release of Open Trading Protocol requirements and scenarios
	Internet Draft, October 1998.

2.  Release of IOTP transport requirements Internet Draft, October
	1998.

3.  Release of IOTP v1.0 interoperability experience Internet Draft,
    November 1998.

-(December 7-11, IETF meeting)

4.  Publication of Open Trading Protocol requirements and scenarios
	Informational RFC, December 1998.

5.	Publication of IOTP transport requirements Informational RFC,
	December 1998.
 
5.  Publication of IOTP v1.0 interoperability experience
	Informational RFC, January 1998.

6.  Release of IOTP v2.0 specification Internet Draft, February 1999.

7.	Release of IOTP transport specification Internet Draft, February
	1999.

-(Spring IETF meeting)

8.  Publication of IOTP transport specification Proposed Standard
	RFC, May 1999.
	
9.  Publication of IOTP v2.0 specification Proposed Standard RFC,
	June 1999.

Internet-Drafts:

(none yet but see IOTP specification on <http://www.otp.org>)

Donald
=====================================================================
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd     +1 978-287-4877(tel)     [email-masked]
   318 Acton Street        +1 978-371-7148(fax)     [email-masked]
Carlisle, MA 01741 USA     +1 703-620-4200(main office, Reston, VA)
http://www.cybercash.com           http://www.privacy.org/ipc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-iotp/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 12:25:59 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
To: Internet Open Trading Protocol <[email-masked]>
Subject: Slides for DCSB pesentation 5 May 1998
Sender: [email-masked]
Source-Info:  From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Hi,

The slides I used for my presentation to the Digital Commerce Society of
Boston are available as Power Point at

<ftp://ftp.cybercash.com/pub/dee/iotp/OTPmay98.ppt>
or in postscript at
<ftp://ftp.cybercash.com/pub/dee/iotp/OTPmay98.ps>

Donald
=====================================================================
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd     +1 978-287-4877(tel)     [email-masked]
   318 Acton Street        +1 978-371-7148(fax)     [email-masked]
Carlisle, MA 01741 USA     +1 703-620-4200(main office, Reston, VA)
http://www.cybercash.com           http://www.privacy.org/ipc
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-iotp/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 04:34:10 -0500 (EST)
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: BoF slides
Sender: [email-masked]
Source-Info:  From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

The slides I presented at the IETF BoF about the OTP Consortium and 
Protocol are at <ftp://ftp.cybercash.com/pub/dee/iotp>

Donald
=====================================================================
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd     +1 978-287-4877(tel)     [email-masked]
   318 Acton Street        +1 978-371-7148(fax)     [email-masked]
Carlisle, MA 01741 USA     +1 703-620-4200(main office, Reston, VA)
http://www.cybercash.com           http://www.privacy.org/ipc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-iotp/