Subject: ECML v2 Specification...
From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:51:14 -0500
List-Id: <ietf-trade.lists.elistx.com>

> Hi,
> 
> While I generally think it is in good shape, it is my opinion as a member
> of the WG that the ECML v2 Specification needs two things: brief one
> sentence explanations of the many fields for which the footnote is now
> "(TBD)" and some way to indicate if a fields is an assertion of some data
> or a query for data. It's at
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-02.txt.
> 
> On the second point, one way to go would be an attribute, say "mode", with
> values of "assert" or "query". This would effect the element on which it
> appears and all descendents until overridden. So, in most cases, you would
> only need to add it once, at the apex of your ECML v2 XML structure.
> 
Any comments?

> Thanks,
> Donald
> 
> Donald E. Eastlake 3rd, +1-508-851-8280 (voice), +1-508-851-8507 (fax)
> Motorola, MS: M2-450, 20 Cabot Boulevard, Mansfield, MA 02048 USA
> 

Content-return: allowed
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 00:20:38 -0500
From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
Subject: TRADE WG Charter Milestones have been updated
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

The Milestone status and dates on our charter page have been updated to
reflect actual document status and as agreed by the working group.

See <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/trade-charter.html>.

Thanks,
Donald

Donald E. Eastlake 3rd, +1-508-851-8280 (voice), +1-508-851-8507 (fax)
Motorola, MS: M2-450, 20 Cabot Boulevard, Mansfield, MA 02048 USA

Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 07:37:01 +0900
From: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-01.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>

Hi,

We have updated the VTS-API document. The major changes from the previous version 
"-00" are as follows:

(1) Added the create() method to permit an issue application to create a voucher
    without specifying the receiver. 
(2) Added the delete() method to permit a wallet application to delete a voucher
    without specifying the receiver (collector) by the consume() method.
(3) Added getIdentifier() method to permit distributed applications to check for 
    equivalence of voucher components.
(4) Added getLog() methods to permit an application to access completed sessions 
    prepared or received by the VTSAgent. 
(5) Some typos, for example: 
      receiptListener --> receptionListener, 
      regist --> register

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks.

Ko

Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 07:35:52 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-01.txt
Sender: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_VXiWK7sBCi6Ty96JhovkXQ)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Voucher Trading System Application Programming 
                          Interface (VTS-API)
	Author(s)	: M. Terada, K. Fujimura
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-01.txt
	Pages		: 25
	Date		: 07-Feb-02
	
This document specifies the Voucher Trading System Application
Programming Interface (VTS-API). The VTS-API allows a wallet or other
application to issue, transfer, and redeem vouchers in a uniform
manner independent of the VTS implementation. The VTS is a system to
securely transfer vouchers, e.g., coupons, tickets, loyalty points,
and gift certificates; this process is often necessary in the course
of payment and/or delivery transactions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--Boundary_(ID_VXiWK7sBCi6Ty96JhovkXQ)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_kHQGHxry7dgUWJjFiCCktA)"

--Boundary_(ID_kHQGHxry7dgUWJjFiCCktA)
Content-type: Message/External-body; server="[email-masked]";
 access-type=mail-server

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-01.txt

--Boundary_(ID_kHQGHxry7dgUWJjFiCCktA)
Content-type: Message/External-body; directory=internet-drafts;
 access-type=anon-ftp; site=ftp.ietf.org;
 name=draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-01.txt

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_kHQGHxry7dgUWJjFiCCktA)--

--Boundary_(ID_VXiWK7sBCi6Ty96JhovkXQ)--

Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 00:40:06 -0500
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Cheap IOTP Book
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

It appears that Amazon is running a 90% off sale on the IOTP book by
David Burdett, myself, and Marcus Goncalves, so its only $5.50.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071355014/002-0300111-3472815

Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street                                +1 508-634-2066(h)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                            +1 508-851-8280(w)

Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:10:10 -0500
From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Subject: TRADE WG Meeting in Minneapolis
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

The TRADE WG meeting at the 53rd IETF meeting in Minneapolis,
Minnesota, has been tentatively scheduled for Monday afternoon, March
18th. This is still subject to change.

The deadline for new Internet Drafts to be submitted before the meeting
is February 22.

Please send me suggestions for the agenda.

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                      [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street                                +1 508-634-2066(h)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                            +1 508-851-8280(w)