Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt
From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:36:59 -0500
List-Id: <ietf-trade.lists.elistx.com>

For symmetry, I added ValidFrom fields for both payment and loyalty cards. This is consistent with the working group consensus to be somewhat liberal about adding such fields to ECML, given that their use is optional.

I had hoped to have this document, which achieved working group consensus some time ago, submitted to the IESG by now, but people have kept coming up with very minor but legitimate additions. Although working group last calls are not required by IETF procedure, I will wait one week, until Feb 5th, and then submit to the IESG unless there is a consensus for further change.

Thanks,
Donald

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2003 7:54 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Electronic Commerce Modeling Language (ECML):Version 2
                          Specification
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-1-29
	
Electronic commerce frequently requires a substantial exchange of
information in order to complete a purchase or other transaction,
especially the first time the parties communicate. A standard set of
hierarchicly organized payment related information fields in an XML
syntax are defined as the second version of an Electronic Commerce
Modeling Language (ECML) so that this task can be more easily
automated, for example by wallet software

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 07:53:52 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt
Sender: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_mrcp55aBXdrijl8IwrmS7w)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Electronic Commerce Modeling Language (ECML):Version 2
                          Specification
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 2003-1-29
	
Electronic commerce frequently requires a substantial exchange of
information in order to complete a purchase or other transaction,
especially the first time the parties communicate. A standard set of
hierarchicly organized payment related information fields in an XML
syntax are defined as the second version of an Electronic Commerce
Modeling Language (ECML) so that this task can be more easily
automated, for example by wallet software

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--Boundary_(ID_mrcp55aBXdrijl8IwrmS7w)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_wE+/1vsJ9WeZ3sdYopl90g)"

--Boundary_(ID_wE+/1vsJ9WeZ3sdYopl90g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; server="[email-masked]";
 access-type=mail-server

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt

--Boundary_(ID_wE+/1vsJ9WeZ3sdYopl90g)
Content-type: Message/External-body; directory=internet-drafts;
 access-type=anon-ftp; site=ftp.ietf.org;
 name=draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-08.txt

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_wE+/1vsJ9WeZ3sdYopl90g)--

--Boundary_(ID_mrcp55aBXdrijl8IwrmS7w)--

Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:42:06 -0500 (EST)
From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Subject: Document Action posts
To: [email-masked]

The problem has been located and any future similar posts re Document 
Aciton should get through to the list directly.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:41:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Document Action: Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) Version 1,
     Errata to Informational

Hi,

I don't know why the following message or the next two didn't make it
out to the list. They were unconditionally approved by the IESG on
November 17th, 2002. These approvals seem to have gotten lost in until
just recently. There is still one draft ( -papi-) whose IESG approval
was apparently only tentative and which is still hung up.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:35:47 -0500
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>,
     [email-masked]
Subject: Document Action: Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) Version 1,
         Errata to Informational

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Internet Open Trading Protocol 
(IOTP) Version 1, Errata' <draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1-errata-01.txt> as an 
Informational RFC.  This document is the product of the Internet Open 
Trading Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed 
and Patrik Faltstrom.

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:36:27 -0500 (EST)
From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Subject: Interest in IETF work
To: [email-masked]

If someone on the WG is interested in going to Geneva (at their (or 
their organization's) expense), please contact me.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
> > From: [email-masked]
> > Date: ons jan 22, 2003  21:10:39 Europe/Stockholm
> > Subject: Interest in IETF work
> >
> > Patrick,
> >
> > As the chair of the MOU Management Group (the MOU  on e-business is 
> > between ISO/IEC, ITU and UN/ECE) I have been requested to invite the 
> > IETF to make a presentation on recent work efforts at the next meeting 
> > of the MOU Management Group.  As the attached Powerpoint shows, this 
> > group includes a number of significant players in the e-business 
> > standards arenas. Our group shares information and coordinates issues 
> > in the area of international e-business standards.
> >
> > It would be very interesting to hear about the work of IETF on Voucher 
> > Trading System and  Electronic Commerce Modelling Language or other 
> > planned work in the IETF - Internet Open Trading Protocol Group.
> >
> > Our next meeting will be in Geneva, Switzerland at the ITU on April 
> > 7-8, 2003, Geneva, Switzerland. The meeting host and current committee 
> > secretary is:
> >
> > Richard Hill
> > Counsellor, ITU-T SG2
> > International Telecommunication Union
> > Place des Nations
> > CH-1211 Geneva 20
> > Switzerland
> > ...
> >
> > Feel free to contact Richard or myself as to whether you or another 
> > IETF member could make a presentation to our group we would greatly 
> > appreciate it.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Cynthia L.Fuller
> > Executive Director
> > Accredited Standards Committee X9, Incorporated
> > Financial Industry Standards
> > ...

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:41:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Subject: Document Action: Requirements and Design for Voucher Trading System (VTS) to Informational
To: [email-masked]

See comment on first message of this series of three.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:34:21 -0500
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>,
     [email-masked]
Subject: Document Action: Requirements and Design for Voucher Trading    
    System (VTS) to Informational

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Requirements and Design for 
Voucher Trading System (VTS)' <draft-ietf-trade-drt-requirements-04.txt> 
as an Informational RFC.  This document is the product of the Internet 
Open Trading Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned 
Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:41:31 -0500 (EST)
From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Subject: Document Action: Electronic Commerce Modeling Language     (ECML): Version 2 Requirements to Informational
To: [email-masked]

See comment on first message of this series of three.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:35:20 -0500
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>,
     [email-masked]
Subject: Document Action: Electronic Commerce Modeling Language     (ECML):
    Version 2 Requirements to Informational

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Electronic Commerce Modeling 
Language (ECML):Version 2 Requirements' <draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-req-05.txt> 
as an Informational RFC.  This document is the product of the Internet 
Open Trading Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned 
Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:41:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Subject: Document Action: Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) Version 1, Errata to Informational
To: [email-masked]

Hi,

I don't know why the following message or the next two didn't make it
out to the list. They were unconditionally approved by the IESG on
November 17th, 2002. These approvals seem to have gotten lost in until
just recently. There is still one draft ( -papi-) whose IESG approval
was apparently only tentative and which is still hung up.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:35:47 -0500
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce:  ;
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>,
     [email-masked]
Subject: Document Action: Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) Version 1,
         Errata to Informational

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Internet Open Trading Protocol 
(IOTP) Version 1, Errata' <draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1-errata-01.txt> as an 
Informational RFC.  This document is the product of the Internet Open 
Trading Protocol Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Ned Freed 
and Patrik Faltstrom.

Content-return: allowed
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:13:31 -0500
From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
Subject: TRADE meeting at 56th IETF in San Francisco
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

We have been tentatively scheduled for 1pm Monday afternoon
at the 56th IETF meeting http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-56.html.
This may change.

Thanks,
Donald
========================================================
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd, Motorola,
MS: M2-450, 20 Cabot Boulevard, Mansfield, MA 02048 USA
[email-masked], 1-508-851-8280
Two-way-pager: 1-888-809-4679

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:48:46 -0500 (EST)
From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Comemnt: draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt
To: [email-masked]

Valid From date seems like a reasonable addition for payment cards given
that use of any of these fields is optional.

Thanks,
Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Ray Bellis wrote:

> Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:03:56 +0000
> From: Ray Bellis <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Comemnt: draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt
> 
> > Should there be a SWITCH payment card type defined, if
> > the card issuer number ECom_Payment_Card_IssueNumber is
> > for that card only?
> 
> The issue number also appears on "Solo" cards, although these are much
> rarer than Switch cards.
> 
> There's some information about Switch joining the Maestro brand here
> (http://www.switch.co.uk/maestro/switch_maestro1.htm).  There's actually
> some suggestion that as part of this process the issue number will
> actually disappear from Switch cards.
> 
> > Does the switch card system operate at all without the
> > issue number? I mean that if the customer can not give
> > the numebr to merchant in web payment, will the charging
> > be made. Or is the switch issue numebr needed only for
> > transaction processing, from merchant to processor?
> 
> Our own payment processing software requires the end user to supply
> their card's issue number.  That issue number is included in the card
> authorisation (APACS30) messages sent to UK acquirers.
> 
> On Switch cards that don't have an issue number most UK sites (including
> our own) require the supply of the card's "valid from" date instead.
> Strangly this "valid from" information doesn't appear to be supported by
> APACS30, although I presume there must be some processors' systems
> capable of using this information.
> 
> On checking our e-commerce app we do send "valid from" information to
> the payment services run by Netgiro, Bibit and Netbanx.  I don't know
> what they do with the information, but this does seem to suggest that we
> need yet more ECML fields.
> 
> May I therefore suggest?
> 
>   Ecom_Payment_Card_ValidFrom_Day
>   Ecom_Payment_Card_ValidFrom_Month
>   Ecom_Payment_Card_ValidFrom_Year
> 
> Can anyone who knows better suggest whether loyalty cards might also
> need "valid from" fields?
> 
> kind regards,
> 
> Ray Bellis
> 
> --
> Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director
> community internet plc - ts.com Ltd
> 
> Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2PJ
> tel:  +44 1865 856000   email: [email-masked]
> fax:  +44 1865 856001     web: http://www.community.net.uk/
> 
> 

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 10:03:56 +0000
From: Ray Bellis <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Comemnt: draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

> Should there be a SWITCH payment card type defined, if
> the card issuer number ECom_Payment_Card_IssueNumber is
> for that card only?

The issue number also appears on "Solo" cards, although these are much
rarer than Switch cards.

There's some information about Switch joining the Maestro brand here
(http://www.switch.co.uk/maestro/switch_maestro1.htm).  There's actually
some suggestion that as part of this process the issue number will
actually disappear from Switch cards.

> Does the switch card system operate at all without the
> issue number? I mean that if the customer can not give
> the numebr to merchant in web payment, will the charging
> be made. Or is the switch issue numebr needed only for
> transaction processing, from merchant to processor?

Our own payment processing software requires the end user to supply
their card's issue number.  That issue number is included in the card
authorisation (APACS30) messages sent to UK acquirers.

On Switch cards that don't have an issue number most UK sites (including
our own) require the supply of the card's "valid from" date instead.
Strangly this "valid from" information doesn't appear to be supported by
APACS30, although I presume there must be some processors' systems
capable of using this information.

On checking our e-commerce app we do send "valid from" information to
the payment services run by Netgiro, Bibit and Netbanx.  I don't know
what they do with the information, but this does seem to suggest that we
need yet more ECML fields.

May I therefore suggest?

  Ecom_Payment_Card_ValidFrom_Day
  Ecom_Payment_Card_ValidFrom_Month
  Ecom_Payment_Card_ValidFrom_Year

Can anyone who knows better suggest whether loyalty cards might also
need "valid from" fields?

kind regards,

Ray Bellis

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director
community internet plc - ts.com Ltd

Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2PJ
tel:  +44 1865 856000   email: [email-masked]
fax:  +44 1865 856001     web: http://www.community.net.uk/

Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:03:46 +0200
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Comemnt: draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
content-class: urn:content-classes:message

Should there be a SWITCH payment card type defined, if the card issue=
r number        ECom_Payment_Card_IssueNumber is for that card only?=
=20

Does teh switch card system operate at all without the issue number? =
I mean that if the customer can not give the numebr to merchant in we=
b payment, will the charging be made. Or is the switch issue numebr n=
eeded only for transaction processing, from merchant to processor?

Sincerely,
- Lauri Piikivi=20
--------------------------------------------------------=20
Specialist, SW Architecture=20
Nokia Mobile Software

[email-masked]=20
phone: +358 7180 47045=20
mobile:+358 40 559 7045=20
--------------------------------------------------------=20

Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 07:47:50 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt
Sender: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-to: [email-masked]

--Boundary_(ID_ecCUa0gk1W3Zs939A8VWSg)
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Electronic Commerce Modeling Language (ECML):Version 2
                          Specification
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt
	Pages		: 23
	Date		: 2003-1-17
	
Electronic commerce frequently requires a substantial exchange of
information in order to complete a purchase or other transaction,
especially the first time the parties communicate. A standard set of
hierarchicly organized payment related information fields in an XML
syntax are defined as the second version of an Electronic Commerce
Modeling Language (ECML) so that this task can be more easily
automated, for example by wallet software

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--Boundary_(ID_ecCUa0gk1W3Zs939A8VWSg)
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_5gvRA4SlSj6sMG564oCeug)"

--Boundary_(ID_5gvRA4SlSj6sMG564oCeug)
Content-type: Message/External-body; server="[email-masked]";
 access-type=mail-server

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt

--Boundary_(ID_5gvRA4SlSj6sMG564oCeug)
Content-type: Message/External-body; directory=internet-drafts;
 access-type=anon-ftp; site=ftp.ietf.org;
 name=draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-07.txt

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID:	<[email-masked]>

--Boundary_(ID_5gvRA4SlSj6sMG564oCeug)--

--Boundary_(ID_ecCUa0gk1W3Zs939A8VWSg)--