Subject: RFC 3867 on Payment Application Programmers Interface (API) for v1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 16:27:10 -0800
List-Id: <ietf-trade.lists.elistx.com>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3867

        Title:      Payment Application Programmers Interface (API)
                    for v1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP)
        Author(s):  Y. Kawatsura, M. Hiroya, H. Beykirch
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      106
        Characters: 234572
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-papi-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3867.txt

The Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) provides a data exchange
format for trading purposes while integrating existing pure payment 
protocols seamlessly.  This motivates the multiple layered system
architecture which consists of at least some generic IOTP application
core and multiple specific payment modules.

This document addresses a common interface between the IOTP
application core and the payment modules, enabling the
interoperability between these kinds of modules.  Furthermore, such an
interface provides the foundations for a plug-in-mechanism in actual
implementations of IOTP application cores.

Such interfaces exist at the Consumers', the Merchants' and the
Payment Handlers' installations connecting the IOTP application core
and the payment software components/legacy systems.

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.