Subject: [tram] Protocol Action: 'Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) as Transport for Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:08:55 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) as Transport for Session
   Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)'
  (draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls-05.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls/

Technical Summary

  This document specifies the usage of Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS)
  as a transport protocol for Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN).  It
  also specifies modifications to the STUN URIs and TURN URIs and to the TURN
  resolution mechanism to facilitate the resolution of STUN URIs and TURN URIs
  into the IP address and port of STUN and TURN servers supporting DTLS as a
  transport protocol.

Working Group Summary

  This is the first document produced by the TRAM working group. No controversy
  was experienced. Many different people have provided feedback and guidance.
  Some of the harder questions:

  - What cipher suite to specify as mandatory?
  - How to ensure that a hostname is available for certificate validation?

Document Quality

  Two existing implementations are listed in section 5. RTCWEB implementers have
  demonstrated interest.

  This draft has continuously been reviewed by many different people throughout
  its history.  While the TRAM WG is composed primarily of NAT traversal
  experts, TLS experts have been solicited and have provided very helpful
  feedback, particularly at the IETF 89 meeting.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Simon Perreault
  Responsible Area Director: Spencer Dawkins

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:21:17 -0400

Congrats all! We're ahead of schedule, this is unreal! :)

Simon

Le 2014-06-30 17:08, The IESG a écrit :
> _______________________________________________
> tram mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram
>