Subject: [tram] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls-03.txt> (Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) as Transport for Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 06:15:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the TURN Revised and Modernized WG
(tram) to consider the following document:
- 'Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) as Transport for Session
   Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)'
  <draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies the usage of Datagram Transport Layer
   Security (DTLS) as a transport protocol for Session Traversal
   Utilities for NAT (STUN).  It provides guidances on when and how to
   use DTLS with the currently standardized STUN Usages.  It also
   specifies modifications to the STUN URIs and TURN URIs and to the
   TURN resolution mechanism to facilitate the resolution of STUN URIs
   and TURN URIs into the IP address and port of STUN and TURN servers
   supporting DTLS as a transport protocol.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-dtls/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.