Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 06:41:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Discovery of path characteristics using STUN
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Paal-Erik Martinsen
                          Varun Singh
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-10-07

Abstract:
   A host with multiple interfaces needs to choose the best interface
   for communication.  Oftentimes, this decision is based on a static
   configuration and does not consider the path characteristics, which
   may affect the user experience.

   This document describes a mechanism for an endpoint to discover the
   path characteristics using Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
   messages.  The measurement information can then be used to influence
   the endpoint's Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) candidate
   pair selection algorithm.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 13:43:33 +0000

This revision addresses comments received during WGLC.

-Tiru

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tram [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of internet-
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 7:12 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data-02.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tram mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram

---

From: "Ram Mohan R (rmohanr)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 17:08:41 +0000

Diffs looks good. Thanks for taking care of the comments.

Regards,
Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: tram <[email-masked]> on behalf of "Tirumaleswar Reddy
(tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, 7 October 2015 7:13 pm
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-stun-path-data-02.txt