Subject: [tram] draft-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes: Change in IANA table entry

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 09:26:38 +0200

AVTCORE and TRAM,

I would like to inform you that IANA had a post doc approval comment 
regarding the STUN Methods entry for the Reserved range which was 
originally formulated as:

    Value:   0x100-0xFFF

    Name:   Reserved (MUST be allocated with IETF Review.  For DTLS-SRTP
       multiplexing collision avoidance see RFCXXXX)

IANA reacted to the RFC2119 language in relation to the usage of 
"Reserved" which has a specified meaning. The authors, the AD and I 
agreed that respecifying "reserved" was not the intention and have 
modified the text to read:

Value: 0x100-0xFFF	
Name: Reserved (For DTLS-SRTP multiplexing collision avoidance see 
[RFC-ietf-avtcore-rfc5764-mux-fixes-11]. Cannot be made available for 
assignment without IETF Review.)	

Please see Stun Methods at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/stun-parameters

If you see issues with this please contact me the document shepherd 
immediately.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Services, Media and Network features, Ericsson Research EAB/TXM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------