Subject: [tram] RFC 8155 on Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) Server Auto Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 17:18:32 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8155

        Title:      Traversal Using Relays around NAT 
                    (TURN) Server Auto Discovery 
        Author:     P. Patil,
                    T. Reddy,
                    D. Wing
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 35919
        Updates:    RFC 5766

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tram-turn-server-discovery-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8155

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8155

Current Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN) server discovery
mechanisms are relatively static and limited to explicit
configuration.  These are usually under the administrative control of
the application or TURN service provider, and not the enterprise,
ISP, or the network in which the client is located.  Enterprises and
ISPs wishing to provide their own TURN servers need auto-discovery
mechanisms that a TURN client could use with minimal or no
configuration.  This document describes three such mechanisms for
TURN server discovery.

This document updates RFC 5766 to relax the requirement for mutual
authentication in certain cases.

This document is a product of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC