Subject: [tram] AD Evaluation of draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-15

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 13:42:47 -0600

Dear All,

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 7:23 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Gonzalo Camarillo has requested publication of draft-ietf-tram-stunbis-15
> as Proposed Standard on behalf of the TRAM working group.

This looks good. I have a couple of nits, but I'll request Last Call now,
and you can consider them at an appropriate time.

Thanks!

Spencer

--

Is there a reference for the SIP practice described here
     The structure of the key when used with long-term credentials
     facilitates deployment in systems that also utilize SIP.  Typically,
     SIP systems utilizing SIP's digest authentication mechanism do not
     actually store the password in the database.  Rather, they store a
     value called H(A1), which is equal to the key defined above.

that you could point to?

In this text,

   o  Made clear that the RTO is considered stale if there is no
      transactions with the server.

there's a numbering mismatch - I'm not sure if this should be

   o  Made clear that the RTO is considered stale if there are no
      transactions with the server.

or something else.

Unless you're intentionally using lower-case requirement keywords, and it
doesn't look like you are, you may want to update your reference to RFC
2119, to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8174. ADs have been mentioning this
on their ballots.

---

From: Marc Petit-Huguenin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 05:12:46 -0800

Hi Spencer,

I updated my copy of stunbis with the modifications below (and I already had some modifications from another review that was sent directly to us).

I'll publish -16 on 2018-02-23, after the end of the last call.

Please also see my comment below.

Thanks.

> and you can consider them at an appropriate time.

I could not find any.  Apparently RFC 3261 do not even use the term "H(A1)".

>       transactions with the server.

I do not get it.  The replaced text you propose seems identical.

> 2119, to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8174. ADs have been mentioning this

Done.

-- 
Marc Petit-Huguenin
Email: [email-masked]
Blog: https://marc.petit-huguenin.org
Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petithug