Subject: [tram] Errata 4923 on RFC7635

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 14:29:29 +0000

Hi,

I would like to get some feedback on what to do with this Errata?

https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid4923

Errata ID: 4923
Status: Reported
Type: Technical
Publication Format(s) : TEXT
Reported By: Mészáros Mihály
Date Reported: 2017-02-03

Section Appendix B. says:

          "key":"v51N62OM65kyMvfTI08O"

It should say:

        "key": "ew0KICAgICJrdHkiOiJvY3QiLA0KICAgICJ
raWQiOiJpZDEyMyIsDQogICAgImFsZyI6IkhTMjU2IiwNCiAgIC
AiayI6IlpvUlNPckZ6Tl9GelVBNVhLTVlvVkh5emZmNW9SSnhsL
UlYUnR6dEo2dUUiDQp9"

Notes:

"key" according 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-pop-key-distribution-02#section-4.2
"The 'key' parameter either contains a plain JWK structure or a JWK encrypted
with a JWE."

According Example Figure 2. "key" in draft-ietf-oauth-pop-key-distribution-
02#section-4.2
It seems they missed to write plain JWK MUST be base64 format.
So according the example coorected the above sentence:

"The 'key' parameter either contains a plain BASE64 ENCODED JWK structure or a
JWK encrypted with a JWE."

Anyhow in RFC7635 Appendix B. the
"key" seems to be not in base64 (JWK) or JWE encrypted JWK format.
(Base64 decoded key value string is "Salted__"....) 

-- 
Cheers

Magnus Westerlund 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Networks, Ericsson Research
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                 | Mobile +46 73 0949079
Torshamnsgatan 23           |
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------