Subject: [Trans] Trans content types

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 20:22:57 -0400

If we are going to do trans in Internet apps we need to have a
content-type for trans data.

5.1. Content-Type Identifiers

   The following content identifiers are defined elsewhere and repeated
   here for the convenience of implementers.

      application/ocsp-response
         OCSP Response token as specified in [RFC6090].

      application/pkix-cert
         A single DER encoded PKIX Certificate as specified in
         [RFC5280].

      TBS
         A Certificate Transparency notary chain as specified in
         [RFC6962].

      application/pkcs-12
         A PKCS#12 encrypted private key.

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 11:13:36 +0100

> content-type for trans data.

When you say "trans data", do you mean the leaves?

If we want to allow for general content, then there are some other
variables, too - e.g. do you get an SCT (Signed _Content_ Timestamp
:-) or a proof of inclusion (STH + Merkle Proof) on submission?

Also, you need to specify where content types are included.

If you want to submit a patch for review against the I-D, you can find it here:

https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency/blob/master/doc/rfc6962-bis.xml

> _______________________________________________
> Trans mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trans

-- 
Certificate Transparency is hiring! Let me know if you're interested.

---

From: Eran Messeri <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 11:17:52 +0100

Note that the repository holding the I-D has moved to:
https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-rfcs