Subject: [Trans] [trans] #53 (rfc6962-bis): Clarify log entry ordering requirements

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 22:04:54 -0000

#53: Clarify log entry ordering requirements

 All but one of the RFC6962 logs that have so far requested inclusion in
 Chromium seem to list the entries in chronological order.

 Strict chronological order is nice, but it's not a requirement.  As long
 as each new entry gets included within the log's MMD, all is well.

 I think it could be worth stating explicitly that strict chronological
 ordering is not required (for logs) and must not be expected (by clients).

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/53>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>