Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #42 (rfc6962-bis): redacted cert dangers

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:25:10 -0000

#42: redacted cert dangers

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Overly redacted: (Looking only at the labels in the Precertificate) Where
 the entirety of the domain space below the unredacted part of the domain
 name is not owned or controlled by a single entity.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker      |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/42#comment:1>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 11:34:26 -0000

This is out for review here: https://github.com/google/certificate-
 transparency-rfcs/pull/10
 We solicit feedback on the terminology used to describe domain names and
 how to describe such names that contain wildcards deemed too broad.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/42#comment:2>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 14:46:50 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 As previously decided, we will not specify client behaviour in 6962-bis.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/42#comment:3>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 15:38:34 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  blocker      |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/42#comment:4>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>