Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #24 (rfc6962-bis): Add a section about log metadata

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 13:31:05 -0000

#24: Add a section about log metadata

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * priority:  major => minor
 * type:  defect => enhancement

Comment:

 Partially closed by https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/b750e18e45eed3405cb6c956d09a48b2ae48bb4f.

 As I said at IETF 90 (transcript is incomplete), allowing a log to define
 its own metadata is obviously a security hole, so it is not clear to me
 what the value of defining an API for the metadata is.

-- 
------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor             |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis       |     Version:
 Severity:  -                 |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                    |
------------------------------+-------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/24#comment:4>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>