Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #17 (rfc6962-bis): Add advice on CNs

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 15:10:28 -0000

#17: Add advice on CNs

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 We'll use Ben's proposal from comment:2:
 "...we should allow a single CN, which, if present, uses the first entry
 in the redaction list."

 Let's require the Subject CN, if present, to match the first dNSName in
 the SAN extension, so that they can both use the first entry in the
 redaction list.

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/17#comment:7>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 11:30:49 -0000

#17: Add advice on CNs

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Committed as...
 https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/49de5eb87e1e6d29e50c418c00654a79a950522d

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/17#comment:8>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>