Subject: [Trans] [trans] #58 (rfc6962-bis): Maximise number of STH's published per time unit

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 14:13:39 -0000

#58: Maximise number of STH's published per time unit

 Logs can mount a fingerprinting attack against clients by issuing separate
 STH's for clients the wish to track.

 This could be thwarted by the standard stipulating a maximum number of
 STH's that a log is allowed to issue per time unit before it is considered
 bad. Monitors should be able to detect if a log ignores this limitation.

 A fair figure might be max one STH per hour, unless someone sees a need
 for a higher frequency.

 Implementation wise, you might want this to be configurable for debugging
 purposes.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/58>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>