Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #47 (rfc6962-bis): Clarify how to deal with (minor) DER violations when manipulating a TBSCertificate

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 10:48:24 -0000

#47: Clarify how to deal with (minor) DER violations when manipulating a
TBSCertificate

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Seems to me that this issue is still present after the Precertificate
 changes as clients would still have to manipulate the final X.509
 certificate to extract the TBSCertificate part, remove extensions and
 reconstruct the redacted TBSCertificate if there are redactions.
 It would be exacerbated if we accept ticket #4 (Signing the TBSCertificate
 part for certificates as well).

 Ben, are you suggesting the log does not provide SCTs for such
 certificates but does include them in the tree?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/47#comment:4>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>