Subject: [Trans] [trans] #73 (client-behavior): Section 3 text re log cert validation is ambiguous

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:54:56 -0000

#73: Section 3 text re log cert validation is ambiguous

 Section 3 states “When a valid certificate is submitted to a log …” It
 later says: Logs MUST accept certificates that are fully valid according
 to X.509 verification rules and are submitted with such a chain. Logs MAY
 accept certificates and precertificates that have expired, are not yet
 valid, have been revoked, or are otherwise not fully valid according to
 X.509 verification rules in order to accommodate quirks of CA certificate-
 issuing software.” This specification for what constitutes a valid
 certificate is ambiguous, e.g., it fails to specify a version of the X.509
 standard. I suggest citing RFC 5280 instead. Also, as noted before (ticket
 #??) there is no specified way for a log to advertise whether is accepts
 certificates that have “issues” nor to specify what deviations from X.59
 (or 5280) are acceptable to a specific log.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  critical     |  Milestone:
Component:  client-      |    Version:
  behavior               |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/73>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>