Subject: [Trans] draft-linus-trans-gossip-ct-01

From: Linus Nordberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 00:18:24 +0100

Hi TRANS,

[draft-linus-trans-gossip-ct-01] includes the following changes from -00:

- Add the SCT feedback mechanism: Clients send SCTs to originating web
  server which shares them with auditors.
- Stop assuming that clients see STHs.
- Don't use HTTP headers but instead .well-known URL's -- avoid that
  battle.
- Stop referring to trans-gossip and trans-gossip-transport-https --
  too complicated.
- Remove all protocols but HTTPS in order to simplify -- let's come
  back and add more later.
- Add more reasoning about privacy.
- Do specify data formats.

Looks like I won't make it to Dallas. Since I won't be there, any
discussion on the list prior to the meeting would be much appreciated.

[draft-linus-trans-gossip-ct-01] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-linus-trans-gossip-ct-01

Thanks,
Linus

---

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 18:06:12 -0700

> discussion on the list prior to the meeting would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the new revision, Linus.  I'm also happy to present this work
in Dallas, if there's room on the agenda for it.

   --dkg

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:46:24 -0800

> in Dallas, if there's room on the agenda for it.

There is - this is an important topic and we' like to spend some time
on it.  We'll get a draft agenda out in the next few days, along with
several other updates.

Melinda