Subject: [Trans] [trans] #82 (client-behavior): add integrity validation to get-entries (and fetching SCTs?)

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:50:20 -0000

#82: add integrity validation to get-entries (and fetching SCTs?)

 When monitoring a log, get-entries provide no assurance against in-flight
 corruption. It will get caught once verifying the entries against an STH,
 but that makes it hard to act upon (can't tell which exactly entry is
 corrupted, for example).

 Also, the question of how to fetch the SCT for a logged entry has been
 asked a few times.

 One way to solve both problems at once would be to return the SCT
 signature in get-entries. The rest of the data for the SCT is already
 there, and since it's done over all this data and the entry's digest, it
 should provide a way to check the integrity of the entry.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  client-      |    Version:
  behavior               |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/82>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>