Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #82 (rfc6962-bis): add integrity validation to get-entries (and fetching SCTs?)

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 08:59:34 -0000

#82: add integrity validation to get-entries (and fetching SCTs?)

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * component:  client-behavior => rfc6962-bis

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/82#comment:1>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:00:44 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 SGTM - providing the SCTs together with entries in the get-entries
 response would enable efficient mirroring of logs and integrity checking
 of returned entries (although not for truncated responses).
 It seems most suitable to encapsulate the entire output of add-chain/add-
 pre-chain in an additional field for each entry returned by get-entries
 (named 'sct').

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/82#comment:2>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>