Subject: [Trans] Work on dnssec logging

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:48:13 -0800

Hello:

As a general rule (and it's a good rule), working group chairs
do not get deeply involved with the technical work of their
working group and they do not author or edit working group
deliverables.  Our situation in trans with regard to dnssec
logging is that there's substantial interest, but dnssec
is a very highly specialized technical area and the dns in
general has scaling characteristics that are somewhat
unusual in the IETF.  Paul Wouters, one of the working group
chairs, has significant expertise in this area and is interested
in participating in the technical work on logging dnssec.

In the interest of transparency and fairness we thought it would
be a good idea to check with the working group to see if there
were objections.  What this means for how the work would be
progressed is that if a dnssec logging spec were to become a
working group deliverable, Paul would not be involved with
identifying consensus, conflict resolution, or with other
management aspects (like document shepherding) on that document.

If anybody has concerns or objections, please let us know.

Melinda