Subject: [Trans] [trans] #88 (client-behavior): get-entries: "end" should be greater-than-or-equal to "start"

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:36:47 -0000

#88: get-entries: "end" should be greater-than-or-equal to "start"

 In section 4.7 ("Retrieve Entries from Log"), valid values for "start" and
 "end" are expressed in painstaking details...

 But never is it mentioned that "start <= end". It does seem obvious, but
 should be written down, I think.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  client-      |    Version:
  behavior               |   Keywords:
 Severity:  -            |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/88>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:37:13 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * component:  client-behavior => rfc6962-bis

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/88#comment:1>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:41:17 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 In the same area, I suspect that end > tree_size MUST be permitted, to
 allow for skew. As it stands, its not really compatible with the final
 paragraph:

  'Because of skew, it is possible the log server will not have any
    entries between "start" and "end".  In this case it MUST return an
    empty "entries" array.'

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/88#comment:2>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 17:28:10 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 This issue with skew is correct, but separate, I'd say. I filed #89 to
 track it.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/88#comment:3>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:03:30 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Fixed at https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/b94e659e6501bd0d01c797965f69ab5d3223add1

 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/88#comment:4>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 22:21:24 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]     |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/88#comment:5>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>