Subject: [Trans] [trans] #85 (rfc6962-bis): Precertificate CMS structures MUST be DER

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 11:14:35 -0000

#85: Precertificate CMS structures MUST be DER

 Ben wrote:
 "Just chatting with Adam Langley, and he points out that CMS allows
 BER. We should subset it to DER only for CT."

 I agree that we definitely need to specify that the TBSCertificate
 included in the CMS structure MUST be DER.

 Whilst we could (I think) in theory permit BER for the other parts of the
 CMS structure, it would be simpler to mandate DER throughout.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker                  |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/85>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 11:15:36 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => assigned

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  blocker                  |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/85#comment:1>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 12:09:35 -0400

I concur with Rob's suggestion.

Stevez

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 14:23:59 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Fixed: https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/4d118edb2ad4b581dda96ff46e2c26746245fcb0.

 Priority:  blocker                  |   Milestone:  review

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/85#comment:2>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:38:05 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  blocker                  |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/85#comment:3>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>