Subject: [Trans] [trans] #86 (rfc6962-bis): SCTs should be returned in final format

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 11:28:13 -0000

#86: SCTs should be returned in final format

 Currently, add-chain and add-pre-chain return an SCT in its component
 pieces as JSON, which the client then has to assemble into the correct
 final structure.

 I'm not sure why I ever thought this was a good idea, and I certainly
 can't see any particularly good reason for it now.

 So, I propose that instead the SCT should be returned in its final format,
 base64 encoded.

 This also allows future changes to the SCT structure to be made more
 easily.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/86>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 12:19:09 -0400

I concur with Ben's analysis.