Subject: [Trans] [trans] #101 (gossip): Handle Shutdown Log Case

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 12:47:23 -0000

#101: Handle Shutdown Log Case

 Draft needs to handle what should be done when a log closes.  Shouldn't be
 too difficult, we can have clients pollinate the final STH - but will the
 client _know_ when a log has been shut down?

 It seems like there will be two cases:
  - The client knows the log is shut down or will be shut down at a
 specific datetime, and it can use this information to correctly pollinate
 the final STH.
  - The client doesn't know, the log shuts down, and it starts getting old
 STHs that it doesn't pollinate (believing them to be a malicious
 timestamp-fingerprint attack)

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-threat-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  gossip       |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/101>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>