Subject: [Trans] [trans] #106 (rfc6962-bis): Include LogID in the STH structure (TreeHeadSignature)

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 14:23:18 -0000

#106: Include LogID in the STH structure (TreeHeadSignature)

 Currently, STHs don't self-identify which log they are signed by.

 For RFC6962, this doesn't really matter: STHs are generally fetched
 directly from the log, so you implicitly know which log they are signed
 by.

 However, for ticket #10 (and #104) and for gossip, STHs (and inclusion
 proofs, which incorporate STHs) will be obtained from places other than
 the originating log.  Some mechanism will be needed for specifying which
 log they are signed by.

 Therefore, I propose that we:
 1. Add the LogID field to the TreeHeadSignature struct.
 2. Bump TreeHeadVersion from v1 to v2.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  task                     |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/106>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>