Subject: [Trans] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trans-gossip-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 07:22:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Public Notary Transparency  Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Gossiping in CT
        Authors         : Linus Nordberg
                          Daniel Kahn Gillmor
                          Tom Ritter
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trans-gossip-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2015-08-28

Abstract:
   This document describes three gossiping mechanisms for Certificate
   Transparency (CT) [RFC6962]: SCT Feedback, STH Pollination and
   Trusted Auditor Relationship.

   SCT Feedback enables HTTPS clients to share Signed Certificate
   Timestamps (SCTs) (Section 3.2 of [RFC6962]) with CT auditors in a
   privacy-preserving manner by sending SCTs to originating HTTPS
   servers which in turn share them with CT auditors.

   In STH Pollination, HTTPS clients use HTTPS servers as pools sharing
   Signed Tree Heads (STHs) (Section 3.5 of [RFC6962]) with other
   connecting clients in the hope that STHs will find their way to
   auditors and monitors.

   HTTPS clients in a Trusted Auditor Relationship share SCTs and STHs
   with trusted auditors or monitors directly, with expectations of
   privacy sensitive data being handled according to whatever privacy
   policy is agreed on between client and trusted party.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trans-gossip/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trans-gossip-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/