Subject: [Trans] [trans] #107 (rfc6962-bis): Struct-ify STH

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:15:23 -0000

#107: Struct-ify STH

 For ticket #10 we need to be able to serialize each type of CT object into
 a list that can be embedded in TLS/certificate/OCSP extensions.

 In RFC6962, TreeHeadSignature is a "digitally-signed struct" that doesn't
 contain the timestamp, tree_size and sha256_root_hash necessary to verify
 that signature.  Hence why get-sth has to provide these as separate JSON
 outputs.

 To enable serialization using just TLS encoding rules (as we do for SCTs),
 let's create a new "struct" called SignedTreeHead that includes
 TreeHeadSignature, timestamp, tree_size and sha256_root_hash.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/107>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:18:00 -0000

#107: Struct-ify STH

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:107 rob.stradling@…]:
 > ...let's create a new "struct" called SignedTreeHead that includes

 ...and the Log ID (#106) and STH extensions (#5).

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/107#comment:1>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 09:13:33 -0000

#107: Struct-ify STH

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Fixed by https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/f07bab1ab431b7eb9740ee881bd97336a1785fb2,
 https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/09c2578ea64c1dfaa531d811bfea601068347329 and
 https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/d29431143d7bc47d1f9030ba8f6883353b698afa

 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:  review

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/107#comment:2>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>