Subject: [Trans] [trans] #136 (rfc6962-bis): inconsistent discussion of mis-issued certs and compliance

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:27:20 -0000

#136: inconsistent discussion of mis-issued certs and compliance

 Section 12.1 contradicts text in Section 9.2. 12.1 says that a mis-issued
 certificate that has not been logged is not compliant, whereas 9.2 says
 that any certificate not accompanied by an SCT is non-complaint. The
 discussion of the security implications of mis-issued certificates
 relative to logging is more accurately described in the attack/threat
 model. The Security Considerations section should use text from that
 document when addressing most of what is discussed in 12.1, 12.2, and
 12.4.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/136>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>