Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #83 (rfc6962-bis): CT should mandate the use of deterministic ECDSA

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 05:31:12 -0000

#83: CT should mandate the use of deterministic ECDSA

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Do we have some resolution on this?

-- 
-----------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis            |     Version:
 Severity:  -                      |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+--------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/83#comment:11>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 09:34:06 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Agree with Rob's point - I'll address it today.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/83#comment:12>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 10:25:03 -0000

Out for review in https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/pull/93

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/83#comment:13>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 16:37:25 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 The revised draft doesn't mention that this explicitly precludes RSASSA-
 PSS.  Do we want that stated explicitly?

 Also, we probably want to add more than one signature over a single
 timestamp to the list of things that a monitor or auditor should look for
 as evidence of log malfeasance (though i'm not sure whether this list
 belongs in 6962-bis or elsewhere.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/83#comment:14>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 19:20:39 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-----------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis            |     Version:
 Severity:  -                      |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+--------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/83#comment:15>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>