Subject: [Trans] [trans] #135 (rfc6962-bis): Subjects (vs. Monitors) observing logs?

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:25:30 -0000

#135: Subjects (vs. Monitors)  observing logs?

 Section 12 says “ … the client knows that the subject of the  certificate
 has had some time to notice the misissue [sic] and take some action …”
 Monitors should be responsible for detecting mis-issuance, on behalf of
 Subjects when Subjects do not choose to perform self-monitoring). Later
 text also makes it sound as though Subjects are responsible for watching
 logs (“… since the subject of the certificate might not have checked the
 logs …”). I suggest this text be revised to avoid the apparent confusion
 between the responsibilities of Subjects and Monitors.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/135>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>