Subject: [Trans] [trans] #133 (rfc6962-bis): incomplete Misbehaving Logs section

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:40:10 -0000

#133: incomplete Misbehaving Logs section

 [https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-10#section-12.4
 Section 12.4] states that a log can misbehave in two ways, one of which is
 split into two parts (presenting different views at different times versus
 to different observers). I think append-only violation over time and
 append-only violation by presenting different views are sufficiently
 different that they should be treated separately. Also, I think this is
 missing a way that a log can misbehave: violating the STH Frequency.
 However, I think the best course of action here is to remove this text,
 and describe the properties of a misbehaving log in a separate Auditor
 requirements document.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]   |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/133>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>