Subject: [Trans] [trans] #119 (rfc6962-bis): confusing wording about log checking in Introduction

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:45:17 -0000

#119: confusing wording about log checking  in Introduction

 The introduction says “The checking operation is asynchronous to allow TLS
 connections to proceed without delay, despite network connectivity issues
 and the vagaries of firewalls.” This seems skewed towards TLS clients
 (e.g., browsers), yet the beginning of the paragraph seems to be talking
 about all log clients. There seems to be agreement that a browser ought
 not request an inclusion proof directly from a log, and there is no
 standard mechanism defined for acquiring a proof via other means. The
 sentence above, with its TLS client focus, seems in conflict with these
 observations.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/119>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>