Subject: [Trans] [trans] #129 (rfc6962-bis): how do submitters determine what a log will accept?

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 02:25:25 -0000

#129: how do submitters determine what a log will accept?

 [https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-10#section-5.1
 Section 5.1] gives logs considerable leeway in deciding which checks to
 perform on submitted certificates, but it does not say how a submitter
 learns what checks are performed. Does this mean that submitters are
 supposed to use trial and error?

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]   |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/129>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:03:17 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I think this ticket is a duplicate of ticket #66 (although #66 seems to be
 assigned to the wrong component).

 I still think that logs should not be expected to enumerate whatever
 badness they deem "acceptable".  CAs that issue syntactically invalid
 certs should not be surprised if those certs are not accepted by logs.

 So yes, submitters are supposed to use trial and error.

 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/129#comment:1>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>