Subject: [Trans] [trans] #118 (rfc6962-bis): Monitor function description problem

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:44:13 -0000

#118: Monitor function description problem

 The introduction states “Those who are concerned about misissue [sic] can
 monitor the logs, asking them regularly for all new entries, and can thus
 check whether domains they are responsible for have had certificates
 issued that they did not expect.” Yet Section 9.3 makes this function
 optional for Monitors. I suggest the Monitor function be described in a
 fashion consistent with the notion expressed in the introduction, and
 remove references to detecting log misbehavior (which is better described
 as a audit function). In a prior e0-mai exchange with Rob, he indicated
 that his Monitor works this way, i.e., it observes logs for cert of
 interest, but does not perform log consistency checks.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/118>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>