Subject: [Trans] [trans] #120 (rfc6962-bis): public vs. private logs?

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:47:23 -0000

#120: public vs. private logs?

 Section 3.1 says “Anyone can submit a certificate (Section 6.1) to a log.”
 I thought I recall Rich Salz saying that Akamai would not log certificates
 for non-Akamai clients. If so, then maybe we should define two types of
 logs: “public” and “private” to make clear that not all logs all accept
 certs merely because the certs chain to an accepted trust anchor.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/120>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>