Subject: [Trans] [trans] #121 (rfc6962-bis): log metadata dissemination

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 20:40:31 -0000

#121: log metadata dissemination

 After Prague I agreed that log metadata can be supplied by browser vendors
 for TLS clients hat are browsers. However, max chain length, which was
 just discussed on the list (11/16-17/15), is an example of metadata that
 needs to be acquired by CAs, just like the public key for a log. The text
 in Section 9 needs to say more about how non-browser log clients are
 expected to acquire this data, or maybe it should say that separate docs
 defining requirements for each of these types of log clients will discuss
 this issue.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/121>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 20:48:50 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 adding to my issue description above, this Section (9.1) fails to state
 the notion that all of this metadata is static for the life of a log,
 except of the Final STH.

 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/121#comment:1>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>