Subject: [Trans] [trans] #111 (rfc6962-bis): Consider using the cached-info TLS extension

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2015 14:46:54 -0000

#111: Consider using the cached-info TLS extension

 It looks like the cached-info RFC will be published very soon:
 https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info/

 "Abstract

    Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshakes often include fairly static
    information, such as the server certificate and a list of trusted
    certification authorities (CAs).  This information can be of
    considerable size, particularly if the server certificate is bundled
    with a complete certificate chain (i.e., the certificates of
    intermediate CAs up to the root CA).

    This document defines an extension that allows a TLS client to inform
    a server of cached information, allowing the server to omit already
    available information."

 SCTs and inclusion proofs are likely to be "fairly static" too, so would
 it make sense to register new CachedInformationType values for SCTs and
 inclusion proofs?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                    |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/111>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>