Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #94 (rfc6962-bis): Fetching of inclusion proofs: Why and when are clients expected to do this?

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 13:10:40 -0000

#94: Fetching of inclusion proofs: Why and when are clients expected to do this?

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Regarding the original question raised in this issue:
 (1) When is defined pretty clearly in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-
 ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-11#section-9.2.
 (2) Why is explained in the introduction, albeit briefly.

 The distinction between a client having an SCT and a client having an
 inclusion proof that was clear in RFC6962 is now less sharp, as inclusion
 proofs can be directly provided to clients.

 There's benefit in explaining the distinction between a client only having
 seen an SCT and a client having checked inclusion by verifying an
 inclusion proof; I welcome suggestions regarding the relevant section in
 the RFC this should be described.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/94#comment:3>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:08:57 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I suggest the "TLS Client" section (currently numbered 9.2).

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/94#comment:4>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>