Subject: [Trans] [trans] #134 (rfc6962-bis): client use of logs to detect mis-issued certs

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2015 16:22:59 -0000

#134: client use of logs to detect mis-issued certs

 Section 12 says that TLS clients can use logs and SCTs to reduce the
 likelihood that they will accept misissued [sic] certificates. Since
 direct access to a log to acquire an inclusion proof is viewed as bad from
 a privacy perspective, it’s not clear what sort of log access by a client
 is being suggested here. This needs to be clarified, or just removed.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/134>
trans <http://tools.ietf.org/trans/>