Subject: [Trans] [trans] #142 (rfc6962-bis): Specify what TLS clients should send in the extension_data of the transparency_info TLS extension

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 16:11:32 -0000

#142: Specify what TLS clients should send in the extension_data of the
transparency_info TLS extension

 RFC6962 requires TLS clients to send 'empty "extension_data"' for the
 "signed_certificate_timestamp" TLS extension.

 In 6962-bis we have an opportunity to rethink this, because we're
 replacing the "signed_certificate_timestamp" TLS extension with a new
 "transparency_info" TLS extension.

 I think it could make sense for TLS clients to signal various things in
 the "extension_data" of the "transparency_info" TLS extension.  For
 example:
   - Which version(s) of CT does the TLS client support?
   - Which "TransType"s can the TLS client handle?
   - Does the TLS client want to participate in gossip?

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis              |    Version:
 Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/142>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>