Subject: [Trans] [trans] #144 (rfc6962-bis): Need to specify how the CA requirements in 12.3 are to be met

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2015 06:32:36 -0000

#144: Need to specify how the CA requirements in 12.3 are to be met

 Section 12.3 specifies behaviors of the CA and browsers. I think that this
 text would be more logically placed in sections/documents devoted to those
 entities instead of in a Security Considerations section.  Also, there
 needs to be a specification for how to determine if "the entirety of the
 domain space below the unredacted part of the domain name is not owned or
 controlled by a single entity" and perhaps a separate spec for how to
 determine whether a pre-certificate is "overly redacted." If the WG
 decides to adopt separate specifications for CA/Subjects,
 Monitors/Auditors, and Browsers, then I think that these algorithms should
 be placed in those documents.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/144>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>