Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #95 (rfc6962-bis): Should the response size to get-entries be a part of the log metadata?

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 11:15:20 -0000

#95: Should the response size to get-entries be a part of the log metadata?

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 There's a consensus among the authors that adding text suggesting a
 response size for get-entries is not very useful ultimately and so is not
 essential to the document.
 Rob explains:
 "For crt.sh's, I currently fetch (up to) 1,024 entries per get-entries
 request. I arrived at this strategy by trial and error. It would be nice
 to have more determinism here, but simply suggesting a limit in the doc
 wouldn't actually help with that, because I'd still have to figure out
 what the logs are actually doing by trial and error. So I agree with Ben:
 let's close ticket 95 as a WONTFIX."

 From an implementation perspective a suggestion will not help.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/95#comment:6>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 11:48:33 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]       |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/95#comment:7>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>