Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #123 (rfc6962-bis): log clients description too informal, incomplete

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:38:12 -0000

#123: log clients description too informal, incomplete

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 The point is that CT provides data you might choose to act on. This
 section describes some ways in which you can reliably get hold of the data
 you might choose to act on. It is intended to be informative and without
 it would make it substantially difficult for implementers to implement CT.

 Suggest resolve wontfix.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/123#comment:1>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:53:33 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/123#comment:2>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 14:36:54 -0500

Ben,

>   it would make it substantially difficult for implementers to implement CT.
My point is that a squishy discussion of what a log client might do isn't
appropriate for a standard. If one cannot be precise in describing how each
element of a system is supposed to work, then readers have no confidence 
that
there is a consistent, comprehensive system design. Different readers can
come away with different notions of how the system works, which leads to 
confusion.

Steve