Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #121 (rfc6962-bis): log metadata dissemination

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:56:25 -0000

#121: log metadata dissemination

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I agree that log metadata dissemination is a topic that should be more
 thoroughly discussed  at some point. However, I do not think that 6962-bis
 is the right place for it.

 Steve has a very valid point about metadata not being specified in a
 machine-readable format, nor having a part of the protocol describing how
 it is disseminated.

 I believe these issues should be addressed separately of 6962-bis,
 because:
 - The topic of log metadata is one level "above" what 6962-bis discusses.
 - The requirements for metadata dissemination are very different for each
 type of client.
 - Disseminating metadata reliably is a protocol in itself, which (once the
 requirements are clear) deserve its own design.

 My suggestion is to punt the discussion until after 6962-bis is out.
 Presumably then there would be enough different clients implementing
 6962-bis that disseminating metadata would justify more efforts from this
 workgroup.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/121#comment:2>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 14:56:37 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * milestone:   => review

 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/121#comment:3>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 16:13:54 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 This will need to be revisited in a different document.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/121#comment:4>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>