Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #103 (gossip): Evaluate if we need tighter requirements around STHs when we take into account multiple logs.

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:14:25 -0000

#103: Evaluate if we need tighter requirements around STHs when we take into
account multiple logs.

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Upcoming -02 has

 - text limiting STH pollination using the logs STH issuance rate and STH
 freshness
 - section "Privacy in STH Interaction" describing some of the privacy
 issues
 - section "Record Distribution Recommendations" suggesting ways of how
 servers can mix STHs (and SCTs) in order to be performant while preserving
 user privacy

 Are we satisfied with this or should we limit STH handling further?

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-threat-
  [email-masked]          |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  gossip       |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/103#comment:1>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>