Subject: Re: [Trans] [trans] #17 (rfc6962-bis): Add advice on CNs

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:04:44 -0000

#17: Add advice on CNs

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 It's problematic to require the Subject CN, if present, to match the first
 SAN dNSName.  See this thread for discussion:
 https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/trans/q3mT1tSeKJkh2TDftElF8WBlLp8

 Let's adopt Peter Bowen's suggestion to "...append one more element to
 the sequence for CN redaction level.  I think it should go at the end,
 rather than the beginning, as it should be more likely to not have a
 common name than not having a SAN."

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/17#comment:9>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 13:14:41 -0000

#17: Add advice on CNs

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Fixed by https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/11b145a7c9865dd8e6f04c6edb19e6fdc4b1a174

 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  review

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/17#comment:10>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 17:53:43 -0000

#17: Add advice on CNs

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  reopened => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/17#comment:11>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>