Subject: [Trans] New cached_info text

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 11:43:33 -0800

Hi, all:

One of the substantive -bis document changes since starting the wglc
process is the addition of text treating the cached_info extension.
The proposed text is posted here:
https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-rfcs/pull/186/files

Please give it a read and post any comments you've got to the mailing
list.

Melinda

---

From: Eran Messeri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 14:21:32 +0100

My opinion is that this change is useful as it could save ~hundreds of
bytes during the TLS handshake (TLS clients may require multiple SCTs to
determine CT compliance of a certificate).

Also, that makes the two cases of serving SCTs in the TLS handshake and
embedded in the certificate equal (in terms of bandwidth consumption):
Without this change, there would be a disadvantage to serving SCTs in the
TLS handshake as it means the server always has to send SCTs, even if it
can avoid sending the certificate (due to the information in the
cached_info extension).

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Trans mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trans
>
>