Subject: [Trans] [trans] #159 (rfc6962-bis): Missing step in "Verifying an inclusion proof"

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 13:32:21 -0000

#159: Missing step in "Verifying an inclusion proof"

 In section 10.4.1, the described algorithm is missing a step. Immediately
 under '4. For each value "p" in the "inclusion_path" array:', it should
 say 'If "sn" is 0, stop the iteration and fail the proof verification.'.
 Otherwise, inclusion proofs containing more nodes than necessary (i.e. not
 "the shortest list of additional nodes") will pass verification.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-
  [email-masked] |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/159>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 16:38:09 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Here's a PR to address this defect report:
 https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-rfcs/pull/199

 Chairs,
 6962-bis has completed WGLC, so how do we handle this?

 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/159#comment:1>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 14:36:27 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Please resolve the issue and put a new version of the document out,

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/159#comment:2>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:03:50 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * owner:  [email-masked] =>
     [email-masked]
 * status:  new => assigned
 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Fixed by https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/a4c56002ed587337df002cd70377a40b4f214359

 We'll submit an updated draft before the next submission deadline
 (2016-10-31 UTC 23:59).

-- 
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:                         |       Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |      Status:  assigned
     Type:  defect                 |   Milestone:  review
 Priority:  minor                  |     Version:
Component:  rfc6962-bis            |  Resolution:
 Severity:  -                      |
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/159#comment:3>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 19:08:40 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------
 Reporter:                         |       Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]           |      Status:  closed
     Type:  defect                 |   Milestone:  review
 Priority:  minor                  |     Version:
Component:  rfc6962-bis            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  -                      |
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/159#comment:4>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 22:04:27 -0000

Draft -20 submitted.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/trans/trac/ticket/159#comment:5>
trans <https://tools.ietf.org/trans/>