Subject: [Trans] Trans report for IETF 97 Seoul

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 06:26:38 -0500 (EST)

We had a short meeting

- Discussed the 6962bis document.
   * People agreed with section 5.1 MUST -> Should change. Eran will
     provide text in updated version.
   * Privacy concerns (personal certificates) out of scope for bis document
     (provided Section 5.1 is changed from MUST to SHOULD)
   * Once Section 5.1 is changed, document is ready for IESG.
   * Historic STH fetching - Agreement it does not affect bis document
     and can be done in new work for Log Monitoring API

- Name Redaction
   * Some interest and new ideas. Continue discussion on mailing list

- Threat document. Chairs asked for Editor on document as current author
   has been unavailable and updates discussed on the list take too long
   to get into the document. Eran volunteered (Thanks!)

- Some new interest in binaries logging
- No update to dnssec or gossip documents
- Expect-CT header in TLS: To be discussed thursday at httpbis
- Interest in Log monitoring API - to happen on the list.

Paul and Melinda