Subject: Re: [Trans] Topicality (Coporate Secrecy)

From: Peter Bowen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 04:13:09 -0700

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Melinda Shore <[email-masked]> wrote:
> You may have seen the recent announcement from the Chrome
> team that as of October 2017 certificates will need to comply
> with Chrome's CT policy in order to be trusted.  There was
> also an invitation to discuss that on the trans mailing list.
> This is a reminder that mailing list discussions need to
> remain focused on the specifications being produced by the
> working group - that is to say, policies related to
> individual implementations are out of scope for the working
> group except to the extent that they bear on decisions related
> to our working group drafts.

Melinda  and Paul,

Since Stephen Farrell has pointed out that personal privacy and
corporate secrecy are two distinct things, I'm creating a new thread
branch to re-ask my earlier question, but about the latter.

Do you consider discussion of use cases for corporate secrecy to be
in-scope for this group or do you consider only the technical
implementation of secrecy (e.g. section 4 of 6962-bis and the
redaction draft) and/or personal privacy to be in-scope?

Thanks,
Peter