Subject: [Trans] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-23.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 06:50:49 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Public Notary Transparency  of the IETF.

        Title           : Certificate Transparency Version 2.0
        Authors         : Ben Laurie
                          Adam Langley
                          Emilia Kasper
                          Eran Messeri
                          Rob Stradling
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-23.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2016-12-21

Abstract:
   This document describes version 2.0 of the Certificate Transparency
   (CT) protocol for publicly logging the existence of Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) server certificates as they are issued or observed, in
   a manner that allows anyone to audit certification authority (CA)
   activity and notice the issuance of suspect certificates as well as
   to audit the certificate logs themselves.  The intent is that
   eventually clients would refuse to honor certificates that do not
   appear in a log, effectively forcing CAs to add all issued
   certificates to the logs.

   Logs are network services that implement the protocol operations for
   submissions and queries that are defined in this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-23

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-23

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eran Messeri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 14:59:44 +0000

The only change between draft 22 and draft 23 is the removal of the option
to log a name-constrained intermediate certificate with an extension
indicating it is logged instead of the end-entity certificate.

This concludes the removal of all name redaction-related features in
6962-bis. This text will be moved to the redaction draft.

As name redaction is a sensitive topic, I'd like to point out that at least
one UA explicitly stated this particular feature will not be implemented
(since the bigger discussion about name redaction concerns it) and that
both Rob and I believe the redaction draft is a more suitable document for
this feature.

Eran

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 2:50 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Trans mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trans
>