Subject: Re: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #162: Bound the set of artifacts a log is expected to produce

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:16:58 -0000

#162: Bound the set of artifacts a log is expected to produce
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…          |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@…
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major          |   Milestone:
Component:  to-be-decided  |     Version:
 Severity:  -              |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Comment (by eranm@…):

 Related random thought:
 If get-proof-by-hash / get-all-by-hash was modified to return a list of
 TransItems, then it'd be possible to limit the set of artifacts that the
 log produces.

 Rather than providing an inclusion proof to the tree size provided by the
 user, the log could provide an inclusion proof to the STH that covers the
 desired entry, and then a chain of consistency proofs between that STH and
 following STHs, up to the tree size provided by the user.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/162#comment:2>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project