Subject: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #190: Simplify data structures in 6962-bis

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 15:29:47 -0000

#190: Simplify data structures in 6962-bis
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  eranm@…      |      Owner:  eranm@…
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |  Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |    Version:
 Severity:  -            |   Keywords:
-------------------------+---------------------
 6962-bis has data structures that aren't really useful:
 X509ChainEntry / PrecertChainEntryV2

 They are only used in the return value for get-entries, where a simpler,
 JSON output can be used.

 Also their names end with 'Entry', hinting these are log entries, but they
 are not.

 See if there are any additional data structures that can be
 removed/simplified or renamed to reflect their true meaning.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/190>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 12:46:18 -0000

#190: Simplify data structures in 6962-bis
-------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  eranm@…      |       Owner:  eranm@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+----------------------

Comment (by eranm@…):

 A proposed change is out for review:
 https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-rfcs/pull/256

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/190#comment:1>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project