Subject: [Trans] Fwd: Side meetings experiment at IETF 99

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 17:59:33 -0800

FYI for the upcoming meeting.

Melinda

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Side meetings experiment at IETF 99
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 16:24:32 -0400
From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Discussion <[email-masked]>
CC: IESG <[email-masked]>

Hi all,
  The IESG has discussed how to improve the path for potential new
topics to be discussed transparently in the IETF community.  For some
cross-area topics, it is quite useful to have active conversation among
a group of people to work on defining the potential work and how it
interacts with existing efforts.  As the IETF week is quite busy, it can
be a challenge to arrange these side-meetings to avoid conflicts.  To
facilitate the scheduling of these conversational side-meetings, the
IESG has decided to provide a meeting room at IETF 99 in Prague for
around 30 people, with a U-shaped table, that will be available for
first-come first-served (FCFS) signup online as soon as the final IETF
meeting agenda is published.  This experiment will be conducted for IETF
99 in Prague and will replace AD approval for rooms for side-meetings
for potential new topics. Proponents of potential new topics are
reminded that the BoF deadline is June 2; this includes non-WG forming
BoFs.  The on-site signup FCFS room (seats about 16) will continue to be
available at IETF 99.

Thanks
Suresh
(on behalf of the IESG)