Subject: Re: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #169: Don't guess at STHs

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 17:00:11 -0000

#169: Don't guess at STHs
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…          |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@…
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major          |   Milestone:  review
Component:  to-be-decided  |     Version:
 Severity:  -              |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
Changes (by eranm@…):

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 See discussion on issue 168 and Andrew Ayer's objection on the list:
 https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/trans/current/msg02848.html

 Given the justification for keeping it, suggest closing as wontfix.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/169#comment:2>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 14:03:30 -0000

Comment (by eranm@…):

 I'll note this came up today again in an out-of-band discussion with
 colleagues: Having the option of getting the new STH by not specifying the
 2nd tree size is an efficient way to catch up with the log without calling
 get-sth first - a single call is enough to get a new STH and a consistency
 proof to it from the STH the client currently knows about.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/169#comment:3>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 21:02:14 -0000

#169: Don't guess at STHs
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…          |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@…
     Type:  defect         |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major          |   Milestone:  review
Component:  to-be-decided  |     Version:
 Severity:  -              |  Resolution:  wontfix
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
Changes (by melinda.shore@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/169#comment:4>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project