Subject: Re: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #167: Define "incorporate"

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 13:55:11 -0000

#167: Define "incorporate"
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…        |       Owner:  eranm@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-----------------------
Changes (by eranm@…):

 * owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@… => eranm@…
 * status:  new => assigned
 * component:  to-be-decided => rfc6962-bis

Comment:

 The different phases of a certificate being added to the tree:
 * The thing that gets submitted to a CT log is not an entry. It's a
 'submission'.
 * At some point, an entry in the log is created for the submission. The
 entry is the input to the Merkle Tree: "The input to the Merkle Tree Hash
 is a list of data entries;".
 * There's an intermediate phase, of an entry existing before it's actually
 in the tree - Essentially, the entry is "created" when a sequence number
 is assigned to the submission + timestamp combination.

 Incorporation should be defined as the allocation of an sequence number to
 the entry and production of an STH that includes the hash of that
 sequenced entry.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/167#comment:2>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 14:44:47 -0000

Comment (by eranm@…):

 Out for review in https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/pull/254

 Note I plan a bigger change that unifies the names of data structures with
 their semantic meaning.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/167#comment:3>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 14:29:12 -0000

Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Committed in https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/1916b9a570a718588b80aaafc3168f4b9464172c, please review.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/167#comment:4>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 20:46:25 -0000

#167: Define "incorporate"
-------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…        |       Owner:  eranm@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+----------------------
Changes (by melinda.shore@…):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/167#comment:5>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project