Subject: Re: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #163: The entire STH history of the log must be accessible

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 12:31:59 -0000

#163: The entire STH history of the log must be accessible
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…        |       Owner:  eranm@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-----------------------

Comment (by eranm@…):

 (alternative discussed  out-of-band with colleagues):
 Allow requesting STHs by specification of time range.
 Similar to get-entries, the log  would return a list of STHs issued on
 that time range (capped by an amount chosen by the log).

 The problem it solves is the lack of ability to verify that the log did
 not breach the MMD throughout its lifetime: A submission's timestamp is
 available via get-entries, but unless a monitor has observed STHs issued
 by the log around the time an entry was created for it, there's no proof
 that the entry was incorporated within the MMD.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/163#comment:4>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 14:08:33 -0000

Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Changes (by eranm@…):

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Suggest marking as a duplicate of 160.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/163#comment:5>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2017 20:59:05 -0000

#163: The entire STH history of the log must be accessible
-------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…        |       Owner:  eranm@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  duplicate
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+------------------------
Changes (by melinda.shore@…):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/163#comment:6>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project