Subject: Re: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #179: Indicate certificate / precertificate in Entry and SCT

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 17:45:35 -0000

#179: Indicate certificate / precertificate in Entry and SCT
-------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…        |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Comment (by eranm@…):

 Corollary:
 - SCTs *are* defined as TransItems of type x509_sct_v2 or precert_sct_v2.
 - This is a non-trivial change to the data structures, which may require a
 stronger justification than the one we currently have (at least two
 structures I've identified, and signature scheme may change).
 - Other fields may have to move into the SignedCertificateTimestampDataV2
 to contain all the necessary information to be passed around without the
 TransItem (see previous point).
 - This would undo the work to unify several "type" indicators in 6962 into
 a single one in -bis.

 Overall I agree with the sentiment that some data structures in 6962-bis
 need to be renamed to clarify what role they play.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/179#comment:3>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 13:09:29 -0000

Comment (by rob.stradling@…):

 Replying to [comment:3 eranm@…]:
 <snip>

 I agree.  How about opening a new ticket to discuss structure renaming?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/179#comment:4>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 15:30:14 -0000

#179: Indicate certificate / precertificate in Entry and SCT
-------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…        |       Owner:  eranm@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  assigned
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-----------------------
Changes (by eranm@…):

 * owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@… => eranm@…
 * status:  new => assigned
 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Suggest closing this ticket as a duplicate of
 https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/190.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/179#comment:5>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 20:47:13 -0000

#179: Indicate certificate / precertificate in Entry and SCT
-------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…        |       Owner:  eranm@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:  duplicate
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+------------------------
Changes (by melinda.shore@…):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/179#comment:6>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project