Subject: Re: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #79: Precertificate signature must be over something other than just the TBSCertificate

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 13:19:28 -0000

#79: Precertificate signature must be over something other than just the
TBSCertificate
-----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  rob.stradling@…  |       Owner:  rob.stradling@…
     Type:  defect           |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  blocker          |   Milestone:
Component:  rfc6962-bis      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+------------------------------
Changes (by rob.stradling@…):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>
 * milestone:  review =>

Comment:

 I recently took another look at how we're using CMS for precertificates in
 6962-bis, and I found myself repeating the same misunderstandings that are
 documented earlier in this ticket.  Therefore, I thought it would be wise
 to explain the requirements in more detail, drawing particular attention
 to the RFC5652 requirement that the signedAttrs field MUST be included:

 https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-rfcs/pull/264

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/79#comment:13>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:08:03 -0000

Priority:  blocker          |   Milestone:  review

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Fixed by https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/7cba1cc2bfd35cbef7c3e32d6e56ef82759af81a

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/79#comment:14>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project