Subject: Re: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #189: Permit logs to use EdDSA

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 10:42:50 -0000

#189: Permit logs to use EdDSA
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rob.stradling@…  |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@…
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------
Changes (by rob.stradling@…):

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 Addressed by https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/7ed2a968743f9e715812eab1ed9eae582827ac4e

 This adds Ed25519 (PureEdDSA with the edwards25519 curve) to the 6962-bis
 signature algorithm registry.

 Also, as per discussion on the list, we briefly considered switching the
 RSA requirement from PKCS#1v1.5 to RSA-PSS, but we've ultimately decided
 to drop RSA support altogether.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/189#comment:2>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project

---

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 02:42:20 -0000

#189: Permit logs to use EdDSA
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rob.stradling@…  |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@…
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major            |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis      |     Version:
 Severity:  -                |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                   |
-----------------------------+---------------------------------------------
Changes (by melinda.shore@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/189#comment:3>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project