Subject: Re: [Trans] [Public Notary Transparency Wiki] #184: Remove unnecessary restrictions on clients

From: "trans issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:24:17 -0000

#184: Remove unnecessary restrictions on clients
-------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  rlb@…        |       Owner:  draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis@…
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |   Milestone:  review
Component:  rfc6962-bis  |     Version:
 Severity:  -            |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+---------------------------------------------
Changes (by eranm@…):

 * milestone:   => review

Comment:

 This was addressed in https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/pull/266 (which was merged after Rob's review:
 https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-
 rfcs/commit/e987be68bbb6a9f787e2e51b1e7c67aa60449e00)

 As discussed in-person with Richard, section 8.2.8. was removed and the
 language around compliance was changed to make it clear it is a client
 policy and clients may require SCTs, inclusion proofs or a combination of
 both.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans/ticket/184#comment:3>
Public Notary Transparency  Wiki <https://trac.ietf.org/trac/trans>
My example project