Subject: [Trans] 6962-bis: Explicitly define the colon operator

From: Rob Stradling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:57:57 +0000

The -bis authors received this comment a few days ago:

"In page 9 of 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-31 in section 
in section 2.1.3.1. we find

The : operator and D[k1:k2] are defined the same as in Section 2.1.1.

However, in section 2.1.1. the operator : is not found. There is no 
definition of this operator."

The IESG has evaluated version -31, and we (the authors) now have a 
bunch of DISCUSS comments to address before CT v2 will (finally!) become 
an RFC.  Although it's extremely late in the process to be making any 
changes to the document (except for addressing the DISCUSS comments), 
the WG Chairs and A-D (EKR) have given the go-ahead to address the 
concern noted above, provided that I send this message to the list to 
give folks a chance to object.

I've prepared a PR:
https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-rfcs/pull/308

-- 
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist
Sectigo Limited

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 03:56:45 -0500

> https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-rfcs/pull/308

Interesting, I guess I mis-parsed what it was supposed to be, when
balloting (in that I mostly only saw the D[k1:k2] notation and asked what
"D[m]" was.  So I guess I should take another look, but maybe I can hold
off on that until there's text to review that resolves my DISCUSS points.

-Ben