Subject: [Trans] parameters to get-all-by-hash and get-proof-by-hash

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 19:34:19 +0000

In his comments, Ben points out the following for 5.4 and 5.5:

IMPORTANT: The input to get-proof-by-hash has a "tree_size" but the
processing discussion refers to a single "requested STH".  It does not
seem like the one uniquely determines the other, since there could be
multiple valid STHs for a given tree size (e.g., if there are no
submissions for more than the MMD).  Is the intent to supply an STH as
input, or is there otherwise need for further clarity here?

---

From: Andrew Ayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 16:36:48 -0400

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 19:34:19 +0000

> input, or is there otherwise need for further clarity here?

The intent is to specify a tree head for which an STH exists.  I've
opened a PR that makes the language clearer:
https://github.com/google/certificate-transparency-rfcs/pull/329

Regards,
Andrew

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2021 20:50:22 +0000

Thank you; I removed it from my TODO list.