Subject: [Trans] Last Call: <draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-39.txt> (Certificate Transparency Version 2.0) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 09:00:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Public Notary Transparency WG
(trans) to consider the following document: - 'Certificate Transparency
Version 2.0'
  <draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis-39.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-06-18. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes version 2.0 of the Certificate Transparency
   (CT) protocol for publicly logging the existence of Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) server certificates as they are issued or observed, in
   a manner that allows anyone to audit certification authority (CA)
   activity and notice the issuance of suspect certificates as well as
   to audit the certificate logs themselves.  The intent is that
   eventually clients would refuse to honor certificates that do not
   appear in a log, effectively forcing CAs to add all issued
   certificates to the logs.

   This document obsoletes RFC 6962.  It also specifies a new TLS
   extension that is used to send various CT log artifacts.

   Logs are network services that implement the protocol operations for
   submissions and queries that are defined in this document.

   [RFC Editor: please update 'RFCXXXX' to refer to this document, once
   its RFC number is known, through the document.]

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trans-rfc6962-bis/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.